The Intro to the Mobster World

"Come on Tony focus... don't you want to get good grades so you can get into a good college." Pleading with my baby brother once again to concentrate on his spelling homework and not the damn IPad our Papa had gotten him for his last birthday.

        "I'm in second grade Antonella." Whining as he gazed up at me with his chocolate brown, puppy dog eyes, jutting his bottom lip out just slightly. "And its Saturday."

        "Argh... five more minutes that's it... then I want it and your math homework done, so I can check it when I get home later." Crumbling under the pressure from that far to effective pouty look he managed too perfect at such a young age.

        "Five minutes... promise." Beaming as he went back to killing zombies with plants, the things they come up with.

        Satisfied with the thought that he would most likely get at least one of those done, I headed up starts for a quick shower and to change for my meeting with Mr. Greco, then head to job number two.

        Standing in front of my bathroom door mirror trying to decide if I should change into something more conservative before having to see Marco again. Especially with the confusing way he seemed to act with me, I definitely didn't want to encourage him, did I?

        Shaking my head, as if that would shake away my bodies automatic heated lustful reaction at just the mere thought of the handsome Italian devil. Blowing out a frustrated breath, deciding that my black skinny jeans, burgundy lace crop top and calf high black boots looked safe enough, especially once I threw my leather jacket on over it.

        Grabbing the protruding envelope on my nightstand, I popped it open to stare at the large sum with mixed emotions, I was going to be handing it over to Greco as a down payment on my father's debt.

Biting my lip, hating that I had to take any of the money I had struggled to save for Mia and Tony, out of my hiding spot under the floor boards in my closet, folding the thick envelope I shoved it into my back pocket.

        "Mia?" calling out for my sister as I headed into the hall toward her bedroom door that was sitting slightly ajar. Stopping at the door, giving a quick knock, waiting for her to invite me in. "Mia?" calling out to her again.

        Still hearing no response, I hesitantly pushed open her door, finding her laid out on her stomach, sprawled across her bed staring out the window with her iPod earbuds tucked in her ears.

        "Mia." Saying her name a little more forcefully this time as I stopped at the edge of her bed. Snapping her head around, she pulled out her earbuds as soon as she saw me.

        "What?" snipping at me as she sat up on her bed, tucking her legs in a crisscross position.

        "I'm heading out... Tony is doing his homework, so just check up on him here in a bit, will you." Giving her a tight smiling, fully aware that she was probably still pissed at me about the whole Severiano situation.

        "Fine... whatever." Mumbling her response as she tugged at the front of her old, worn out South Hillcrest Pirates cheer tank top.

        "Okay... well I guess I'll see you when I get back." Sighing as I turned to leave.

        "Why is Richie following you around all of a sudden?... Why do you have a meeting with Marco Greco? What's going on Ell?" firing the questions at me at rapid pace, just as I reached for her door handle.

        "How do you know about the meeting with Marco?" whipping around to face her, afraid that she might have actually coaxed Severiano into telling her everything, like she threatened me she would this morning.