The Pit

Blowing out a few agitated breathes, I struggled to shake off my irritation from running into Kieran and this damn twinge of hope that was blooming in my chest at the thought that I might possible mean something more to Marco then just a debt.

Groaning in frustration, I leaned against the elevator wall, feeling the warm, calming effects of Finn's whiskey as I tried to force myself to banish all thoughts of Marco and our deal, yet I found it was harder than I thought with Finn's teasing still ringing in my ears.

Shaking my head, hoping that it would clear his ridiculous claims about the possibility that Marco just might want me from my head. I didn't need that far too distracting thought clouding my mind, pulling my attention from my job. No, I need to focus, I have a job to do.

Yet that persistent nagging of hope was still there, bubbling in my chest, warming my rapidly beating heart causing a current of restlessness to ripple across my prickling skin. Closing my eyes, I bit my lip and tried to force my mind to expel all those alluring thoughts and emotions away.

Standing up straight and blowing out a few cleansing breathes, I rolled my head back, then side to side clearing my mind of all thoughts involving the far to handsome Marco Greco. I had to get into the right state of mind to be down in The Pit, I couldn't let anything or anyone for that matter muddling my thoughts, messing with my reflex and focus.

As soon as the elevator pinged, letting me know I had arrived at the bottom floor, my adrenaline and attention had snapped back to the task at hand, allowing me the motivation to get my job done.

Swiftly I exited the employee only elevator and headed down the short hallway that lead to a single steel reinforced door with another card reader waiting for my card on the wall. There were only three employees that had access to this door, Finn, Myself and my own personal bodyguard, Carter, whom I insisted I only needed for The Pit.

Swiping my card over the reader, the steel door automatically unlocked allowing me access to the room. The overhead lights were on a motion sensor that popped on as soon as I crossed the threshold and the steel door instantly swung shut, relocking its self as soon as I released my hold on the handle.

I pulled off my leather jacket and tossed it onto the plush loveseat that was against the wall, next to the door I just came through. Blowing out an anxious breath, I stretched my arms above my head and took a few deeper cleansing breaths as I jumped in place, hoping that it would help keep my head clear and get me in the right state of mind for work.

Closing my eyes, I concentrated on my environment, listening to the hum of the air blowing through the AC unit, the crackling of the fluoresce lights above my head, allowing my body a chance to finally relax and let my alternate personally take over my tense frame, clearing out my rattled thoughts.

Bring my arms back to my sides I opened my eyes and glanced around my room, taking in the long dark maple vanity with a mirror just as long on the opposite wall from the couch that had large bulbs around the mirror frame and the armoire that was positioned in a kitty cornered between the vanity and a small conjoined bathroom.

Smiling, I found myself thankful that Finn had made sure that this room could not be breached, not without our cards or the key that he kept on his person at all time. Thankful that I had the space I needed to gather my composure, especially after the last two days I've had to endure.

Feeling better prepared I quickly stripped out of my clothes, leaving my bra and panties on as I folded and piled the rest on the couch with my jacket. I crossed the room and opened the armoire and started pulling out my outfit.

Slowly I slipped on my faded blue jeans, they were snug but comfortable with a few rips along the thighs, from being worn so much. After securing my belt that was lined with AR-15 empty bullet shells around my waist, I clipped my thigh holsters dangling from the belt around my legs, making sure they were positioned correctly and were tight enough, preventing them from moving out of place.