three

Karla, or now known as Camila, was completely and utterly in shock about who was helping her. She couldn't recognize her. Could she?

"Hi." Lauren greeted the girl. No she didn't know. Why would she? Camila was in bulky rags, and had a messy birds-nest of hair. Plus it's been about ten years since Lauren and her last saw each other. Even if Lauren did recognize her, she wouldn't blame the older girl if she wanted nothing to do with her. She did leave Lauren without even saying anything. She just ran away. She didn't want to be around her parents anymore. She couldn't. Not that they cared. After she came out to them, they told her to leave and never come back. Little did they know that that is exactly what Camila would do.

She never understood how her own parents, the ones that brought her into this world, and raised her from the time she was born till she was fifteen, could just disown her. She didn't get how they could just abandon her like that. The two people who were supposed to love her more than anything else in this world, left her.

Camila didn't say anything in return to her old best friend. She just nodded in gratitude. "I hope that this will help you." The girl eyed girl continues with a small smile, then walks into the building she was parked in front of.

She must live here Camila thought. Obviously Lauren would reside in one of the nicest apartments in Miami. Camila always knew that Lauren would end up excelling in life, and it looks like she was right.

Camila couldn't help but notice the small child clinging onto Lauren's hand. She was probably scared of Camila, but who wouldn't be? Camila thought. She looked like she should be in Ghostbusters.

Was that Lauren's daughter. Is she dating? Or maybe even married? The thought of that made Camila cringe. Truth is, Camila always imagined them together.

She didn't know Lauren's exact sexual orintation, but she hoped one day that Lauren could see her the way she saw Lauren. The older girl was the reason Camila admitted to being gay to herself. Lauren made her feel a certain way that no guy ever did. She never confessed her feelings though, for fear that Lauren wouldn't feel the same and that it would eventually ruin their friendship. So she kept her feelings hidden. She had to endure all the painful times that Lauren would talk about some douchie (in Camila's opinion) guy that she liked. And who can forget how whenever Lauren had a date with one of the said guys, she would invite 'Karla' to her house to get prepared for it. It was so hard on Camila's part to see Lauren happy over someone other than herself. But all she really cared about was that Lauren was happy. That's all Camila ever cared about.

So she just sat there, on the street corner, thinking about the girl who still, even to this day, made her heart race even faster then the smell of pizza could.

She knew she was getting tons of dirty looks from people because she had a big stupid grin on her face, but she couldn't help it. Lauren always had made her feel this way ten-years-ago, and she still does.

That smile suddenly fades as she realizes who Lauren was now, and who she was now. Lauren was successful. Camila saw her a few times on magazine covers that said how she was a big artist. And Camila was...well, homeless.

Camila wasn't always that way though. She lived in a shelter for a little while. Up until she turned 21. That was when she hand enough of that place. She got treated like trash. Even though she knew she basically was trash, she couldn't stand how people were to her. So she packed up her very few belongings and left. She's been on the streets ever since. People in the shelter, did not care about her. Especially the guys. The would whistle at her, and comment on her body. Some even took advantage of her. She couldn't take that kind of abuse anymore.

----------

"Who was that, Mommy?" Logan asked her mother. "And why did you give her money?" The five-year-old continued curiously. "Well, you see, some people have it harder in life than others. Ya know how you have a lot of dolls to play with whenever you want?" Lauren asked her daughter. "Yeah! I love my dollies!" She said excitedly at the thought of her toys. "Well, some kids do not have those." Logan's face suddenly fell at the thought of not having any dolls to play with. "Some children can't afford those. Just like how that woman can't afford a home like ours. So she asks people passing on the street to help her out a bit. I know that twenty dollars won't get her a home, but I hope that it'll do some good."