nine

Lauren and Camila were finally off on their way to say goodbye to Lauren's father.

It has been a real hectic day, with Lauren having to cancel tons of meetings with potential buyers, last minute packing, and having to pack a bag for Logan, who was staying at Ally's, but now they were finally on their way.

Lauren didn't count this as a vacation. For any other reason, it would be a vacation. But not to say goodbye to her father. Lauren has been dreading this trip since the first time the doctor told them that Mike was getting sicker. She knew she would have to go some time to say goodbye, but she was just hoping it would be when she was old, like really old.

Camila could sense that Lauren was off and spoke up. "Are you okay, babe?" Camila couldn't even describe in words how much she cared about the older girl. She was younger, but that didn't mean that she couldn't look out for and care about Lauren. She wanted Lauren to be the safest and the happiest because of her. She didn't fully understand how in just a few months she could fall this hard for the other girl, but she guesses that that's love; falling so hard so quickly for the other without even noticing it.

Lauren broke out of her depressing thoughts and looked over at her girlfriend. "Yeah I'm just fine. How are you?" She tried to steer the conversation in the opposite way of having to speak about how she felt concerning her father.

"Lauren, I know you're not fine." Camila truthfully said back. She didn't want even a little feeling hidden. She wanted her and Lauren to have a truthful, open relationship. If they didn't, who knew how many things would turn out.

Lauren was the type of person who didn't want people to think that she was hurting. That's pretty normal, to want everyone to think that you're okay all the time. She wasn't though. Lauren was hurting so badly, and she knew that she should talk to Camila and open up and how she's feeling, but she just didn't know or understand how to put all of her broken heart into words.

Camila is the kind of person who has second-hand feelings; if Lauren is sad, she is sad. If Lauren is happy, she is happy. But right now, Lauren wasn't happy, and she could tell that very easily. Camila was always good at reading people's emotions, but Lauren's came the easiest. Camila could read Lauren so well that Lauren sometimes thought that the brown eyed girl could know how she felt before she even did.

Lauren just stared ahead at the road for a moment before answering Camila. "I'm not. I'm not okay. But if I get there and I'm crying and breaking down, I won't be able to say goodbye. I have to be strong now so that I can be weak later."

Camila didn't know what to say. It's not that she wasn't good with words, because God knows she is, but she didn't know how to help someone who still had so much to go through. So she just hugged a big tighter onto Lauren's arm, in hopes that she would understand how she feels for the older girl right now.

----------
Lauren felt a rush of nostalgia and remorse as they pulled into the driveway of her childhood home.

Camila also felt a bit of nostalgia, as she spent every waking moment as a child at this house. Her and Lauren would spend everyday together. If there had been a day apart, people around would start thinking that something was wrong between the two. Camila remembers riding her bike along this sidewalk, swinging on the swing set in the backyard, climbing up these big oak trees, and playing king and queen with Lauren in this very front yard. She had so many great memories at the Jauregui house, she just hoped this upcoming one isn't so bad.

Lauren hadn't told any of her family about Camila being back in her life, and especially not about them being together. The Jauregui family didn't hate Camila, they just didn't particularly love her anymore. They saw what it did to Lauren when she ran away. They had to go though Lauren constantly crying for months. They had to see Lauren's heart break a little more every day that the police said there was still no sign of the brown eyed girl. They saw how Lauren would say over and over again how she loved Camila and how she regretted not admitting it earlier. They saw Lauren at her worst, because of Camila. So you could say that they were not the biggest fan of the small brunette.