seven

"i heard you and keith giggling it up in the living room earlier," allura commented in a hushed tone, both lance and allura were getting a ride from shiro to their houses, he was driving up front, lance and allura sitting in the back.

"he kneed me in the balls," lance replied in a sort of accidentally playful tone, "and then he laughed," he added, placing a hand over his chest and acting as if he was hurt.

"wow, way harsh," she said with a brief shake of her head, she gazed out of the window for a bit before turning back to the boy, "wait, how did his knee get down there?"

"allura, don't question me and my ways," he said in mock-serious tone.

"ah," she got out before shiro interrupted her saying,

"which house is it?" he asked lance, slowing down the car so that he could stop when needed.

"oh, a couple more ahead," he informed the black and white haired male, who drove ahead a little before lance piped up, "right heres fine," he said. shiro stopped the car and lance opened the door, stepping out, "get it," he whispered to allura gesturing with his eyes toward shiro who wasn't really paying attention, but when it came to peoples pining, when did he?

"shush," she said with a small laugh as lance shut the door, beginning to head over to his house. once he heard the car drive off he stopped on the sidewalk letting a sigh fall from his lips, in reality, he didn't want to go home. yes, he loved his family, and they weren't bad people, but it was tiring. everything was tiring, school was tiring, practice was tiring, getting home to clean and cook food for his siblings was tiring. he just wanted to... rest, but he wasn't sleepy although going to sleep and not waking up sounded alright. he sat down onto the sidewalk, taking his school bag and placing it in his lap. i don't want to die, but i wouldn't mind it. he thought looking up at the dark sky, the light pollution only allowed a couple stars to be seen, so he counted those stars over and over eventually becoming sleepy. he gave another sigh before shutting his eyes, the peace only lasted a couple minutes because a certain voice brought him right back down to reality.

"lance?" the voice asked. lance opened his eyes fixing them towards the direction from which the sound came from. it was keith? he was wearing a sweatshirt, the hoodie pulled over his head.

"keith?" he responded.

the other boy took off his hoodie and headed over towards lance, he was right, it was keith. "what're you doing?" he asked looking down onto the tanner boy, the street lights shining down in back of him, making the few strands that were astray from his ponytail glow. wait, he has a ponytail? fuck, that's hot.

"um, i'm just sitting here," he replied dryly.

"well, yeah, but- wait do you live on this street?" he asked crouching down so that he was eye level with lance.

"i live on the corner," lance answered, gesturing towards his back, "that way," he said, "you?"

"i live on that corner, that way," he replied gesturing in the opposite direction.

"wait, no way, because there's like a church there, or whatever," lance said, his tone picking itself up to it's normal 'lance' tone, if you would.

keith let out a sort of dull laugh, "yeah.." he said lowly, taking a seat across from lance, "i live above the church," he said studying the other teens face.

"there's an upstairs to that?" he asked furrowing his brows slightly.

"yep," keith said simply averting his eyes from lances face, to the grass and pavement behind him.