The White Whale

The plan had been set into action. Rem used her magic to fire a large Ice projectile at the whale, it flew past the whales face, only just missing it. It was never meant to hit the whale, the purpose of the attack was a way to get Subaru onto its horn.

"Hey, now that I see you up close you really are creepy huh." Subaru stood on the white whale, with the wind whirling around him. The whale raised its eyes to the tip of its horn and let out a deep moan. "Just so you know, im famous for being so annoying that no one can ignore me!" He taunted, crossing his arms. The whale raised its head and Subaru got on his knees to keep his balance. "Alright, lets do this!" He threw himself off the side of the whale into a free fall. he fell with his back to the ground so he could see the beast above him.

"Im doing you a huge favor now, so listen up!" He shouted through the sound of the wind rushing past him as he plummeted. "Its because of you Rem died, and I experienced such trauma!" The world froze and the sound of the wind was replaced by the hazy sound of his pulse. He felt two cold hands wrap around his neck then someones warm breath against his neck.

"Consequences." This was the only word he heard before he began to feel his stomach churn again as he continued his fall to the earth.

The beast reared his head downward and dived towards him. Its jaws opened and the clouds began to part around it.

"Rem!" He shouted, turning his head down to meet her gaze. Only, she wasn't looking up at him she was looking at downward at the ground dragon she was riding. The whale drew closer to him and the ground was approaching fast. "Rem! Hey!" He began frantically waving his arms to get her attention. Could she not hear him?

She finally raised her head up saw him falling but still for a moment did nothing. She looked at him for a few seconds with an indifferent expression before snapping back to reality and quickly cast the spell which sent a giant ice spike into the lower jaw of the creature, only just in time to stop it from devouring Subaru. She threw her flail to catch him before he hit the ground. He was pulled toward her rather violently and finally landed safely in her arms. The Ground dragon grunted at the sudden increase in weight and force. Subaru lifted his face from her chest and thanked her.

"Thank you for the treat." She said a moment before the whale impacted with the barren ground, creating a dust cloud almost the size of its whole body. It recovered and used its magic to straighten itself out again.

"Don't let me down Patrashe, your a dragon aren't you? Show me how awesome you are!" Subaru, who had moved from Rems arms and onto the back of the saddle, Said to the dragon.

The whale was following them, closely, as they ran towards the tree. They could barely see it because of the fog, but that was all part of the plan.

"Fire!" Subaru shouted and without a seconds delay the entire base of the enormous tree burst into a spectacular fire show. Both the bark and sparks flew like shrapnel, snapping the base of the tree to pieces. The shock wave itself was enough to uproot the other plants at its base. It heaved to its side then with out enough strength to hold itself up it crashed downward. Its collision with the ground created a massive explosion that sent the earth flying outward in a massive dust cloud.

Subaru wrapped his arms around Rems waist and looked behind them as the wave of derbies crashed towards them. Rem Blushed slightly and whipped the reigns to make the land dragon to speed up. They stopped on the top of a big hill near where the trunk of the tree had stood.

The master swords man Wilhelm van Astera, walked slowly over to the head of the whale and looked up at him. Their eyes met, His wife had been killed by this beast many years earlier. Now that he was in the presence of it he could not contain his anger. Wilhelm ran along its side and drug his sword along the side of its neck. He screamed in rage and began butchering the now defenseless creature, Finally slashing a gaping hole into the side of its head. He stood on top of it with his sword facing down. The creature slowly raised its only remaining eye and moaned in fear.