Chapter 1

No emotions wiggled their way into the fourteen year old's cold, broken, heart. Not even as she watched the little kid beg for mercy, but then why did Ketsueki start heading in their direction? Why didn't she just walk away? Because if there is anything in this lifeless world that she considers worth saving is the lives of children. Their hearts are pure and innocent, no impure feelings colored their thoughts or judgement. Ketsueki sighs heavily as she slides the black sword from its sheath, the sound of metal sliding hits the air as she continues to walk calmly towards the stand where the child is about to be hanged.

Ketsueki was infamous, her name spread either fear or awe through the world. The World Government had given her a name, Ketsueki no hana. Blossom of blood. It fit her, after all she can see when people are going to die and her hands are stained with many people's blood. Her father left her to find love and her own future, well she found them. A cold, lonely future was what she was looking forward to and love was no where in sight for the silver haired beauty. Ketsueki sighs once more as people start to move away from her, fear clouding their eyes. Glazing them over as whispers erupt from everyone within the walls of the town square. She wasn't at all in the least surprised that she was already noticed, it wouldn't be much longer before the Marines showed up and try to capture or kill her again.

Ketsueki's scowl slowly turns into one might call a sadistic smile as she nears the wooden platform. The child was wide eyed and shaking from fear. Ketsueki wasn't sure the fear was because of her or the thought that the child was going to die soon. She decided that she would it rather be the fact that the child is about to die, but her conscious told her otherwise. The kid is afraid of her, more afraid of her then the thought of dying. This thought saddens Ketsueki greatly as her smile fades into nothing, ice stretching over her heart once more. She walks right up to the platform and stares the kid in the eyes.

"Do you wish to die? Or do you want to come with me?" Ketsueki's cold, enchanting voice rings throughout the now silent clearing.

"I w-wish to live," The teal eyed kid whimpers out, his eyes locking with her own. Though there was fear in them a slight glint of determination filled his teal eyes. Ketsueki found this interesting and decided that then and there she was going to let him live.

"Then don't cry." Ketsueki whispers thoguhtfully, rasing her hand and lightly touching her index finger to his fair cheek. Sh watches the eleven year old flinch away from her cold touch, even though it stabs her heart she didn't show any emotions of how she truely felt. Even though this kid is only a years younger then me I can't help, but think of him as a kid. Ketsueki smirks to herself as she thinks this. It was true, the boy looked small for his age nad he was skinny. Lean, but skinny. She was going to have to fix this matter later when she trains him to become a swordsman.

"Are you going to kill me after?" The boy questions thoughtfully, his fear not as strong.

"No, but I'm going to teach you how to become the world's strongest swordsman. Well besides myself that is," A hint of humor touches her words, giving her a softer appearance. "Now stay still, otherwise I can't get you free."

"O-okay," The boy looks Ketsueki in the eyes the whole time as she swings her sword down and cuts his chains clean through.

"Follow," Although her words were harsh, they held a type of warmth under them. The boy nods his head and jumps down from the platform. Ketsueki narrows her eyes and charges the row of Marines, effectively cutting a path for her and the boy to cut through. Ketsueki grabs the boy's hand with her own and drags him after her. Although she's cold, her touch is warm. The boy thinks inside his head while following the strange girl that was in the processes of saving him.

~

"We'll stay here for the night, get some rest." Ketsueki commands, her words sharp and left no room for argument.

"Hai," The boy smiles sheepishly as he settles down onto the hard ground.

'I don't know your name." Ketsueki states bluntly, her mind on wether it was safe for them to stay her or not. Her ship was only two more miles away and probably would be easier to escape on then them trying to out run the Marines.

"My name's Shi," Shi introduces himself, his light brown hair plastered to his forehead from sweat.

"I'm Ketsueki, or better known as Ketsueki no hana." She tells him her own name before settling down a little ways from him. As her eyes close and sleep starts to enter her mind she feels sudden warmth against her side. Cracking open an eye she pears down to see Shi wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I don't think you're Blossom of blood, nor do I find you as cold and heartless as everyone says you are." Shi mutters honestly, his warm breath mingling with the chilly night air.

"You don't know me, don't think that I'm nice and soft just because I saved your life. I've killed millions kid and I'm only fourteen, just wait until I'm seventeen." She shakes her head in disagreement. The boy had no idea what she's done nor seen and she plans on keeping that way. She can't get close to anyone. Plus no one wants to be friends with a girl who can see when people are going to die and has blood on her hands. Shi only hugs her tighter to his bonier frame, his breath and body heat warming her and offering her unwanted comfort.

"It doesn't matter to me anymore what others think about you Ketsueki, from now on I'm only going to judge you from what my heart tells me to think about you." Shi mummers half awake and half asleep.

"Just don't be to disappointed when you find out I'm not who you've put me up to be," Ketsueki shakes her head before placing a finger over his lips to silence what ever words were going to come next. "You can judge me from what your heart tells you, but my past doesn't change the fact that I'm not pure. For now let the matter drop and get some sleep."

"For a fourteen year old you sure do sound wiser then your age," Shi grumbles as his head lulls to the side and lands on her shoulder. Ketsueki sighs, but doesn't make a move to place his head anywhere else. "Good night Ketsueki,"

'Night Shi.....'

( A/N: On the side is a picture of what Shi's going to look like in four years when he's sixteen and I'll post the same picture again when I get to the chappy they change ages! )