Chapter 4

( Third person Pov )

    The smoldering eyes of the young handsome man left the women swooning in his wake. But his eyes were for only the silver haired beauty draped limply in the arms of another.

"Bring her to me." Law's demanding voice startles the younger male, but sets the younger one into action.

"Hai," the brown haired kid nods and walks briskly over to him. "Are you Doctor Trafalgar?"

"Yes."

"Ketsueki told me to ask for you." The younger kid looks away from eye contact.

"Let me see her," law doesn't wait for his answer before sweeping the silver haired girl into his arms. "Ke you dumbass," He growls under his breath for only her to hear.

A slight tug on her lips tells him that she'd heard him. Law narrows his eyes, but hurries none the less back to his lab inside his temporary home.

***

Stirring slightly she holds back a sharp scream from escaping her lips. The pain was like knives cutting into her skin and burning her alive, but it felt somewhat great to be alive and breathing.

"Law?" Her voice comes out dry and shaky. Nothing how it normally would.

"I'm here, lay back down and close those eyes of yours." His familiar rich velvety voice sooths her.

"I hoped you'd be here," her lips twitched and she lays her head back down onto the soft pillow.

"You're a dumbass," Law scowls down at her, his words wrapping around her.

"But, I'm your dumbass." Ketsueki's half smile turns into a crooked half-smirk.

"As much as I wish that wasn't true." Law nods his head and lays down beside her. his arms snaking around her slender waist protectively.

"Where's Shi?"

"Doing chores for me. After all saving someone's life comes with a cost."

"Don't talk to me like that. I know damn well what the cost is." She snaps sharply. Her temper rising and boiling.

Law smirks as he feels her familiar temper rise and wrap around her. It wouldn't be the same if her infamous temper didn't come out to play. He stroked her silky hair and wrapped the strands around his skinny fingers as he hums gently to her.

"Law, do you ever think my father will be the one to take me from here?" She asks softly, her thin arms clutching his shirt in her small fists as she buries her head in his lean chest.

He doesn't respond to her question, but his arms tighten around her and is the only answer he gave to her question

"Get some rest. You're leaving later tonight." Law untangles himself from her soft limbs and gets up away from the bed and heads out the door. Shutting it behind him with a soft thud.

"Nice seeing you too," She rolls her closed eyes, but lets sleep take over.

***

Shi holds the broom handle easily in his grasp. Letting his body get used to the light weight of the wood, but he envisioned the broom as a sword. Breathing through his mouth and in through his nose Shi closes his eyes let his limbs take over. Letting his mind wonder as he loses himself in the practice of the sword.

Clapping startles him as he reopens his eyes to see the man from before standing a few yards away from him. A small smirk dancing across his lips as he studies Shi.

"Doctor Trafalgar," Shi nods his head in greeting. Setting the broom back down. "How is she?"

"If by she you mean Ketsueki she's fine." Law said.

"That's wonderful news." Shi sighs in relief and lets his shoulders slump as the tension leaves them.

"But you both will be leaving tonight. I can not have her staying her any longer than she has."

"Nani?! How can you say that? She's going to die if she's not with a doctor until she's fully healed!" He barks and lets his anger fill him briefly.

Law's eyes flash dangerously as he stalks over to the lean kid.

"Don't you dare tell me how I should treat her! It's your damn fault she's even wounded!" Law's face is inch away from his. "She's my damn fiancée!" Law stops. His lips forming a thin line and pressing together.

Shi's left breathless as he hears this. His thoughts run wild as he watches the dark haired doctor walk away with his hand clenched around his sword.

She's my damn fiancée. Those words keep repeating inside of his head. Confusion clouds his mind and he lets the broom drop to the deck and feels his legs weaken beneath him.  

"My mentor is promised to another?"

****************************************************************************************************

Hope this chapter wasn't to confusing and I hope this had a little twist in it ^-^

To the side is a picture of Ketsueki when she was younger and living with her father---->

~KISSES FROM LILIA