Ch. 33

(a/n: the end is the best part. :) p.s. - don't skip to the end!

Kacey's POV

I heard someone talking on the phone outside the room, but I wondered who it was. My wrists were still tied together behind the chair, so I couldn't just escape and get out. 

I sighed and looked down until I saw the door open. It was Shelby. "Ooh, look who we have here." she said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Oh, shut up and let me out." I snapped at her. "Someone's being quite salty." she mumbled. "Just know you're never getting out, and Justin's not gonna come get you."

"Yes, he is. Just watch." I smirked. She rolled her eyes. When she was about to leave, there was a loud banging outside the door. "Don't move!" Shelby turned to me before she left.

"How am I supposed to move when I'm tied up?" I arched my eyebrows.

Justin's POV

I kept banging on the door until I finally got it open. I stormed inside, looking around every corner to see where Kacey was. I was running down a narrow hallway until I heard a voice behind me.

"Looking for Kacey, right?" I turned around and saw Adam. "Glad you came. Didn't think you could make it," he grinned.

"Okay. Enough with the chit chat, just tell me where Kacey is!" I growled. "Jeez. Calm down. I'll tell you, afterwards." instead, he suddenly punched me. I stumbled back, and wiped the blood from my bottom lip. While he wasn't looking, I punched him back, which made him tumble over. 

I climbed on top of him, trying to trap him so he couldn't escape. I grabbed him by the collar, and said, "If you mess with my girlfriend anymore, I won't hesitate to kick your ass again. Got it?"

Adam nodded. "If you let me go, I'll tell you where Kacey is. Okay?" I got up off him, and he straightened his shirt - then led me to where she was.

When we got to where she was, I saw Shelby standing beside the door. "I need the key." 

"What do you need the key for?" She snapped at him. "I thought we weren't letting her out!" 

"Well we're letting her now! Just give me the key." She slowly handed the key to him. "Thanks," Adam unlocked the door, and went into the room - where he told me to follow him.

"Wait here." he said, before he went to the other side of the dark room. I nodded, then placed my hands in my pockets. While I was fiddling with my fingers for a while, someone called my name. I looked up to see Kacey standing there. 

"Kacey!" I ran up to her and hugged her tightly, then kissed her passionately. "I'm so glad you came." She smiled. I just loved seeing that beautiful smile of hers again. I gave her a smile back. 

"I love you." she whispered into my ear.

"I love you, too." I whispered back.

3   m o n t h s   l a t e r 

I was waiting for Kacey to get home from work, so I could give her a surprise. I'm pretty sure it'll be something she'll remember forever. I fixed my bow tie, then straightened my suit jacket. As soon as I finished, I heard the front door open. So I quickly walked out of my room to meet her.

"Hey, babe." I smiled at her while I walked down the steps. "Hey, and what's with all the candles everywhere?"

"That's for you to find out. Follow me." I walked her to the long hallway, past the glass sliding door leading to the outdoor pool, and I brought her to the end of the hallway, where the patio was. "Ready?" I smiled at her. "Yes!" she nodded. I opened the door, and there were string lights all around the patio, with lightly scented candles, and rose petals scattered all around the ground. Also, I had a set up a table where I made us both lasagna. 

I looked back over at Kacey, who had her hands on both of her cheeks. "Oh my god, I love this! I love you so much, baby." She blushed, then kissed me - I kissed her back. After we broke away, I pulled a chair out for her to sit in. 

"Thanks." She said. "You're welcome." I replied and proceeded to sit down myself. "So, how was work?" I asked her, picking up the fork and stabbing it into the lasagna noodle.

"It was okay. Just a little tired. I had to type the longest article for the paper." she sighed. "It's really really sweet of you to do this, you didn't have to, you know?"

"Well, I wanted to. You deserve it, baby." I smirked. "Aww." she blushed. We talked a while, until we had finished our dinner. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." Kacey said, getting up and going back in the house. I took out my phone and decided to check some messages while she was gone. After a few minutes, she came back. "I'm back." she said, and sat back down. "By the way, um, Kacey?" I spoke. "Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question?" 

"Sure, go ahead!"

Now was the right time.

"Well, I've loved you for a really long time. Before I met you, I wasn't perfect. When I met you, I knew you were the one. You have a great personality, you're easy to talk to, you're supportive, you're beautiful, that's what I love about you. The feeling that I get whenever I'm around you is something that I've never felt with anyone else. You made me complete. So, I have a really important question I need to ask you,"  I pulled the velvet box box out of my pocket and got on one knee, opening the box - showcasing the diamond ring  in front of Kacey. She gasped, bringing her hands to her mouth.

"Kacey, will you marry me?"

She brought her hands away from her mouth and said, "Yes! Of course I'll marry you!"

I grinned widely, I swear I felt like the happiest man on earth. I placed the ring on her finger. After I put it on, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her passionately.

YAAAAS THEY'RE ENGAGED :D i can't even

this isn't the last chapter btw, but it's coming soon :(

make sure to vote, comment, add this story to your reading lists and libraries (if you want chapter updates!)

okai baii :D