Chapter three

Today was Sunday which meant chores in the morning and then freedom the rest of the day. My parents got me a dog because they were supposed to release endorphin's in your brain to make you happier or something so my first job was to walk him. He was over zealous, smelly and a pain in the backside but walking him was an easy job so I took that one as a victory.
  The walk was deliciously calm. I didn't bump into anyone I knew so I wasn't harassed apart from a few odd looks. I decided to go to a different park today and explore a little. It started out as usual, the dog just ran around in a happy daze and I watched him in self righteousness as I breathed in the clean air. A dog whistle clunked comfortingly against my leg as I walked which I used to call Prozac. I felt awkward shouting his name in the park and regretted calling him that. When I first got him, his name was Zach but I hated that and was bitter that my parents felt obligated to try and make me feel happy. So one thing led to another. 

    As I walked I started to feel a little uneasy and a sense of deja-vu washed over me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up to attention and a bead of sweat trickled down my face. No wait it wasn't sweat it was a tear. Why was I crying? Instinctively I put my hand to my back as it prickled with the ghost of an old pain like an amputee would feel in a limb they lost. The usual aching feeling I had in dream had taken on a fiery intensity and I swore profusely. It seemed to arch around my back starting at the shoulder blades and creeping down my spine and along my ribs.
  The wind picked up around me but I could see trees a little further away completely still and my heartbeat quickened. Some noises were carried in the gust a phone ringing and words but I couldn't understand the as they were jumbled by natures hand "suus fecit." 

  I ran (along with Prozac) all the way back to my house. When I got there the pain was back to it's usual ache.