x1

- KYLIE -

never paying attention to the dull and lifeless school halls is the one time I should have looked up from that tweet. one second, I'm scrolling through my feed and the next I'm on the floor, my books scattered around me and another body towering over me. "woah I'm sorry, let me help you there." I grab the hand that is extended towards me and I rise from my awkward position on the floor. dusting my leggings lightly, I begin to pick up my books from the floor as the other person begins to help me.

large hands hold my remaining books out in front of me. "thanks..." I whisper quietly, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks. I let my eyes linger and graze upon the body in front of me. a tall, lean figure with converse, black jeans with slits at the knees, a red flannel draped over his large frame. letting my eyes fall upon his face, a chill coming over my body as his eyes engulf me into a blue abyss. he finally breaks the silence, "see you around...", he plugs in his headphones again, taking long strides down the hall, heading back into the sea of students crowding the halls. but who was he?

~

I don't have many friends but Christina is always there for me, since the 3rd grade. Christina may be my best friend, but we are polar opposites. I am dark and grunge, where on the other hand Christina is bright and girly. but what can I say, opposites attract.

"Hey Chris, I got a question for you." I lean up against the lockers and blankly stare at the back of Christina's chocolate brown hair as she fumbles around in her locker. "Go for it Ky." I start to pick at the nail polish on my hands as I slowly put the pieces of the blonde boy's image back together in my head. "Do you know anyone in our grade who's like skyscraper tall with blonde hair? kind of dresses like a boy version of me?" Christina whips her head around, meeting her dark cocoa eyes with my light hazel ones. "You mean Luke? Hemmings? Yeah, I see him at parties all the time. He kind of just sits by the DJ booth and smokes a cig in one hand with a beer in the other. Why?" I feel my cheeks begin to blush again as we walk away from her locker towards the classroom. "I was... uh - just wondering." She shrugs it off as we exchange goodbyes and I enter the classroom and a sheer coat of awkwardness falls upon me as I feel someone's eyes looking me up and down. we made eye contact as soon as I walk into the room, his dark eyes following my every move. I sit and I feel his stare burning into my head...

- LUKE -

her hair shimmered in the dusty lighting of the room, falling so precisely over her shoulders in a tangle of brown waves. I watched her intently as she traced the black pen across the paper, her eyes moving along as she drew and filled the paper with drawings. I've seen her around, I knew her name but I wanted to know her in and out. her every move, her every breath. she was just that beautiful but I couldn't just go and confess my love, it has to happen slow...

*****

hi everyone :)

i hope you all enjoy 1996 and just know that the story doesn't end here;

i love you all - madie