x2

- KYLIE // LATER THAT DAY -

Christina begged me to go to this stupid party tonight. I never want to go because I'd rather be home reading my book and blasting blink 182 until I go deaf. But this time something pushed me to go, just this once. I don't usually go to parties but I wanted one night to go and let all of my drunk words become sober thoughts. I pull on a pair of leggings and throw on a Green Day shirt, tying a green flannel around my waist. fixing my hair and touching up my makeup from earlier in the day, preparing myself to let all of my bad decisions take over...

I hear a horn from outside my window and see Christina sitting in her white Range Rover, waving at me to come down. I trot down the stairs and greet my mom in the kitchen, "Hey mom, I'm going out with Christina tonight." She looks up from her magazine and relieving my nerves with a smile, "Okay sweetie, I'll see you later. Be smart, be safe." I hug her before running out the door and hopping into the passenger seat of Christina's car.

"Kylie, I promise you're going to have a great time tonight." I could only wish...

~

I feel the alcohol filling my brain with messed up thoughts and jumbled movements. right as we entered the house, Christina ran towards her boyfriend and vanished in the room of sweaty drunk bodies. the whole room is spinning and I end up in someone's arm. everyone's voices are muffled and the bass of the music pounds against my ears. I feel myself being pulled towards the door and the feeling of fresh air billows over my body as we walk towards a black Jeep. I'm lifted and placed into the front seat and the driver shuts the door. about 5 minutes as I begin to shut my eyes, the ignition of the car comes to a halt and the driver comes and lifts me, bringing me through the door and up to a room. they place me lightly onto a plush bed which I immediately melt into, laying a fleece blanket on top of my small frame, letting the fabric graze against my body. I shut my eyes, inhaling the smell of shampoo and pine fall over me as the slumber sinks into my body.

- LUKE // NEXT DAY -

I walk up to my room and see Kylie curled up in a ball in my sheets. Her hair is fallen softly around her face and moves every time she breathes. I run out of the room and get a bottle of water for when she wakes up. Right as I enter the door she starts to stir from her slumber. I watch silently as she turns over in the bed making wide eye contact with me as she shoots up from the bed. "Umm... Luke where am I?"

I stand up and open my arms, giving a warm welcome kind of gesture. "Welcome to my room."

Kylie sits with her legs crossed on my bed, pondering everything that probably happened last night, "How did I end up here?" I sit beside her, looking into her eyes, "I brought you here when you were so drunk you could barely walk. You practically fell into my arms." She rolls her eyes and I scoff with a small laugh. "Oww my head is going to burst out of my skull."

I grab the cold water bottle from the opposite side of the bed, handing it to her, lightly brushing my hand against hers. Kylie rises from the bed and tumbles to the floor in a dramatic way. She returns to her original position, thankfully chugging the cold water. I rise from my spot and grab my guitar and start pulling at the strings with a familiar melody filling the room...

- KYLIE -

I continue to drink my water and watch Luke as he grabs his guitar and sits back onto the bed. He slowly begins to pull at the titanium strings, making a deep harmonization of chords. Luke begins to hum softly to the tune of drown by bring me the horizon. I lift my head from my spot on the floor and watch his fingers move swiftly across the finger board as luke's voice releases every worry I have, all I can concentrate on is his soft and raspy voice.

it comes in waves, I close my eyes.

hold my breath and let it bury me.

I hate to interrupt him but I quietly whisper, "I didn't know you sang?" Looking into his dark sea blue eyes, shadowing somewhat hurt and nervousness that he must be feeling suddenly pulled me into his mind and wrapped me in it's embrace. He breaks the contact by looking back down at his guitar. "Uh yeah I have a small like garage band with a few of my mates." I quietly laugh when he says mates, reminding me of when Christina had told me he moved here from Australia. "Who are your 'mates'?" I start to pull at the water bottle wrapper in some type of awkward nervousness that had fallen over me. "You probably know them, they're in our class. Calum Hood, Michael Clifford and Ashton Irwin."

Putting all of the people's faces together in my head, everything suddenly clicks. "Ahh, so you guys practice in a garage?" Luke begins to pull at the strings again, nodding his head slowly. "Can I come to a practice?" His head shoots up from his spot on the bed. "Umm why? I don't think you'll like it."

I roll my eyes and point towards my shirt, "Luke, I think both you and I know that I'm a big band person." He sighs and sets his guitar down beside him, "Meet me after school tomorrow, right after last period at your locker..."

*****

heyo everyone :)

I think imma make a plot twist somewhere in this story but idk :P

let's do questions at the end of each chapter?

question of the chapter: favorite 5sos song?

mine always changes but it's currently wrapped around your finger (what a throwback)

I love you all -madie