Chapter Seventeen

Jack J.

There was officially three days till Madison came back and the guilt I was feeling about the kiss Mr. Gilinsky and I shared had never been higher.

I ignore the temptation of replaying that scene when I am around him, although it seemed to be getting tougher everyday.

Besides that, everything in life has been great other than the fact that I am dreading queen bitch coming back.

However, everything has been easy going around the house, so much that Mr. Gilinsky gave me the day off due to there not being really anything to clean or organize.

Any other twenty one year old with the day off would go out and do something, maybe with some friends. But, let's be realistic, I don't really have any friends so that was out of the question which is why I was currently laying on my bed, logged into my Netflix account, watching endless reruns of Prison Break.

I felt my phone buzz under my stomach making me jump before I lifted up and checked the caller id to see it was my aunt.

"Hello." I said into the phone.

"Hey kid, um, I know this is late notice, but I was wondering if you could do me a huge favor." Aunt Maxine replied nervously into the phone.

"What type of favor?" I questioned sitting up. It wasn't that it was rare that my aunt asked for my help, but I knew when she did it was something that she definitely couldn't manage to do on her own.

"I thought I was off today, but I got called into work at twelve and Mrs. Brown is out of town with Kendal and Kobe, so I was wondering if you could possibly watch Olivia today. That is if your boss doesn't mind. I can bring her up there if you need me too, but if you can't watch her that's totally fine. Maybe I can get Kaylon to take off work and-" She continued to ramble till I cut her off because i knew she was really desperate if she was willing to get in contact with Kaylon, Olivia's dad.

No they aren't on bad terms, but he lives a good two hours away and he works. It would be an inconvenience for her and him when I'm only twenty minutes away.

"No, I can watch her. Let me just clear it with my boss real quick and then I'll call you back."

"Thank you so much." She said, I could hear the relief in her tone.

"No problem, I'll call you back in a minute." I said before hanging up and getting out of bed to go talk to Mr. Gilinksy.

It was no surprise when I saw him in the studio, heavily concentrated on the pen and paper in front of him, where he was most likely writing new song lyrics. I really didn't want to disturb him, but it had to be done.

I knocked on the door softly before letting myself in.

"You didn't even wait for me to say come in Johnson." Mr. Gilinsky said not looking up from his notebook yet. Sometimes it was so hard to decipher whether he was joking or not and right now was one of those times.

"O-Oh I'm sorry sir." I stuttered out nervously.

"What did I tell you about not taking me too seriously?" He said now turning around to smile up at me. I didn't even reply because I'm sure the blush that now coated my cheeks responded for me.

"So what do you need?" He questioned turning fully my way and leaning back in the swiveled chair.

"Well, I was wondering if my aunt could drop Olivia off over here because she has no one to watch her today. She thought she was going to be off work, but then they called her in and it's too late for her to hire a baby sitter and-"