Aurora│Chapter 4

[Picture of Isabella on the side --> ]

Chapter 4

**

Isabella had never felt such extreme feelings for a guy, not since two years back in her college days. But that too had been mere infatuation or as she would like to call it - puppy love.

She was always secluded from the loud crowd and friends that were way too much into partying for her liking. Even the two besties that she had gave up on changing her behavior after the first few months of introduction.

There was a certain air of mystery that surrounded her and acted like a challenge for guys who thought they could break her and step into the shell that Isabella had created. To them she was a 'hard to get' girl and that in itself made the whole thing feel like a stupid contest to win her over. Isabella hated this attention, and always wished to switch her life with any of the nerds who secretly drooled over the football team.

David Herrings, captain of the then football team was the ultimate example of how cruel boys could be. He was head over heels for Isabella since day one and he tried every single thing to gain her undivided attention. She was overwhelmed with the boy's affection and decided to give it a shot, an attempt at changing her non-existent social life which later turned into a disaster. The outcome of her stupid mistake was the worst she could ever imagine.

Her foolishness had gained her a broken-heart and a room full of sympathetic looks. She didn't want to repeat the mistake twice. But she already knew her decision to Klaus' proposal.

The boy hadn't tried to force her into giving in. Even with the passionate feelings swirling in her heart and his as well, the boy had controlled himself. he had kept his distance and gave her ample of space even though their feelings had been growing ever since they led eyes on each other in this brief meeting.

Deep down she knew Klaus wouldn't hurt her, well at least not on purpose.

"Ok", she whispered as her feet took small steps away from the stranger and more into the dark of the alley.

"What?" Klaus looked at her in surprise. It seems he too never expected her to agree so soon.

"Yes Klaus. I would love to be friends with you." Isabella laughed at the bewildered expression on his face and turned towards the path that cut across the main lane and was a shortcut to her apartment.

It was getting late and she had to hurry before the night caught up with her, but Klaus wouldn't leave her alone.

"So...you mean to say...you are ok with being friends with a complete stranger?"

"Of course not! We aren't strangers now. We have already passed the introduction stage so that makes us acquaintances." there was a smile in her voice and a happy skip in her gait. Isabella didn't know what was the reason behind this strange feeling bubbling inside her, but she felt free, relieved to have met a guy who was worlds apart from David and hopefully every single jerk on this planet.

They began to walk side by side, each in their own thoughts. The silence stretched on between them, but it was far from being awkward. They seemed to like each other's company; they were two strangers who shared a comfortable silence even though they had met just a few minutes ago.

Maybe they were fated to meet like this, under such circumstances, completing the cycle of a series of events.

The prophecy had come true...at last.

*

"We are here." Isabella stopped under the soft light of a street lamp across her apartment.

"Don't I get an invitation to come inside?" Klaus's lips formed a cute pout and Isabella shook her head smiling at the playfulness of the boy.