| S E V E N |

"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes,
       It where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide,
       Don't get to close, it's dark inside,
       It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide."
                  -Demons, Imagine Dragons

      "Oh shit." Was the first thing out of her mouth, when she found him collapsed in her doorway. She hauled him int the small apartment, and somehow managed to get his limp body onto the couch. It wasn't that hard, he was light, really light.

      The first thing she noticed was the blood on the cloth that was wrapped around his left wrist. The second thing, was the ugly purple bruises that coated his face. The third thing, was his terrible shivering. He had a fever.

      She pulled off his sweat drenched shirt, grimacing at the sight of his bruised body. Next, she grabbed the thermometer, a bowl of cold water and a rag, bandaids and antiseptic, and a blanket.

      103° "Double shit."

    She disinfected the self inflicted wounds on his wrist, -trying hard to keep her tears at bay- and bandaged them, all the while, dabbing the damp rag on his forehead and neck. She tossed the thin blanket over his shivering body, and checked his temperature again.

     100°

     Hours passed, she cancelled to meet ups with customers, and stayed by his side through the night, her heart ached for him all the while. W h y ?

      She needed answers. She also needed sleep, so by his side she slept, and awoke to his green eyes when the sun rose.

He vaguely remembered the walk to her apartment. He had left his phone in his room, but he couldn't get it without facing Greg. So he had walked.

When he saw her by his side, her orange hair lit on fire by the early morning sun rays, his heart skipped a beat, and when her misty gray eyes gazed into his, it stopped. His breath caught in his throat, and somehow he managed a smile, and croaked, "Hey..."

"Hi." She whispered. "What happened to you Avi? Why did this happen?"

He sucked in a breath and dropped his gaze, shame crossing his features. "I'm sorry." She was frantic, "No Avi, don't be sorry, I'm not mad, I just want to know why..."

"You want the truth."

It was not a question. She nodded slowly, cautiously.

"Are you ready to see my demons?"