| E P I L O U G U E |

"Run away-ay with me, lost souls in revelry,
     Two kids, you and me, running wild, running free."
             -Renegades, X Ambassadors

      I looked into the eyes of my wife. They were gray, like the storms that blew across the ocean. "Okay beautiful, I love those big eyes of yours, but I need you to close them."

      Angela giggled, and obliged, "Where are you taking me Avi?"

      I grinned. "You'll see darling."

I gripped her waist, and placed her in the passenger seat of our truck, kissing her quickly on the lips, dodging the camera that dangled around her neck, and pecked her baby bump. Smiling even wider.

     "Alright let's go."

   Cam sang the whole twenty minute car ride, keeping her eyes closed, and bobbing her head to the music. When the car stopped she became restless.

    "Can I get out now David? Can I open my eyes???"

    "Not yet Cam."

   "Ugh...this better be worth it."

   I laughed and carried her out of the car, holding her in my arms bridal style. "Hey babe,' I whispered,"let's go down to the riptide."

    She immediately opened her eyes and gasped.

    A house stood nestled in the trees, with two stories, and a porch that looks out over our alcove, and out to the ocean. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh." Angela laughed, and I settled her down on the ground beside me, my right arm wrapped around her waist.

    She lifted my left arm, bring it to her mouth, kissing my fading scars, tears falling down her face. "Stupid pregnancy hormones." She muttered, a smile creeping onto her lips.

    I felt my own eyes prickle, "I love you baby, more than anything." She grinned, her smile reaching those darling gray eyes. "I love you more Avi."

    I leaned down for a deep kiss, her lips molding to mine, still smiling, our salty tears mingled together. She broke the kiss, laughing again, "I can taste the ocean."

    I snorted, she grinned, "Go stand by the house, I want pictures."

    "Sure thing babe." I kissed her quickly and stood in front of the house. I heard the familiar click of her camera, then she smiled and held out her hand to me, my beautiful wife whispered, "Let's go down to the riptide."

    And with that, I took her hand in mine, wrapped an arm around her waist, and we watched the sun set over the deep blue ocean, standing in our alcove, bare feet in the sand, and content smiles on our faces.