Chapter one

The surf was a little rougher than usual but Brax didn't care, he was trying to clear his head. A task proving near impossible as the waves crashed around him.

"BRAX, BRAX" Casey's voice yelled from the sand "BRAX"

Brax realised it was something important, just by the urgency in Casey's voice.

"What's up Case?" Brax called out as he ran towards his little brother.

"Someone called the house, it wasn't a local number" Casey sighed "Brax I think it was her"

"Did she say anything? Is she alright?" Brax's heart raced "Casey?"

"The voice didn't speak, it was quiet then the line died" Casey explained to his anxious brother.

"Well how do you low it was her then?" Brax frowned and Casey hesitated "WELL?"

"Someone I'm the back ground yelled her, that's when the phone went dead" Casey replied "Brax I can't help thinking that if she didn't hide her dialling code...maybe she wants you to find her"

"It's been nearly three years Case, I don't think..." Brax tried to make sense of it all.

"Brax what if she needs you?" Casey suggested and Brax thought for a fee moments.

"Did you make a note of the number?" Brax finally spoke.

"Yeah" Casey nodded.

"Right let's go" Brax jogged up the beach with his surf board under his arm.

×-×-×

Meanwhile in Melbourne

"STACEY, STACE" a woman's voice called from downstairs.

"I'm in here" Stacey called back, she was in the sitting room surrounded by papers.

"How you getting on?" The woman leant against the door frame and chuckled at the mess surrounding her flatmate. Stacey didn't reply she just pulled a frustrated face "That good huh? Hey listen Jack wants to know if you fancy going for a drink?"

"With Jack? No thanks Amy" Stacey gave her a look of disapproval "I've had my fill of bad guys"

"Oh come on Stace" Amy pleaded with her friend "Jut one drink, besides you know how much I like Shaun"

"He's no good for you either" Stacey frowned "Honestly take it from someone who knows, it'll only end badly"

"Just because you're still caught up on that guy from Mangrove River" Amy snapped "Honestly Stace I thought you'd be over him by now"

"It's not that simple and you know it" Stacey replied harshly "I didn't walk away from Brax I was made to leave him"

"Then why don't you go back?" Amy paused.

"Because no doubt my family will be watching me and him" Stacey looked saddened "If it was that easy I would have gone back years ago"

"Honey, if he knew you still felt this way he wold come for you. Sod your family and their rules. That man loves you, even an idiot can work that out" Amy sat beside her friend " I know you tried to call him, why didn't you speak?"

"It was Casey" Stacey started to.collect her papers.

"And, you could have left him a message" Amy helped her.

"I wanted to hear his voice" Amy admitted "Yeah alright I do still love him, I always will but he's probably moved on with another woman by now"

"You haven't moved on, why would he?" Amy looked at her friend with her eyebrows raised.

×-×-×

Back in Summer Bay...

"Melbourne?" Heath repeated Brax's last word "Why the hell are we going to Melbourne?"

"Business" Brax replied and Heath looked concerned "I'll take one of the other boys if you aren't up to it...I swear being with Bianca hade you go soft"

"Alright I'll come, what kind of business?" Heath wondered and Brax frowned.

"It doesn't matter, it's just business" Brax replied harshly and Heath backed off a little. He noticed Casey didn't say much "Hang on...is this some hug to do with Stacey?"

Brax couldn't believe Heath had guessed, he wasn't a daft as he made out "Brax?"

"Yeah" Brax nodded.

"Brax going after her is stupid, suicide if her family fond out. I thought you were over her" Heath pleaded with his brother.

"I'll not asking for your approval...just your help. I'll understand if you don't want to be involved" Brax frowned and Heath exhaled deeply.

"I'm in" Heath replied "I  just hope you know what you're doing"

"I'm getting her back mate, she's coming home" Brax's response was simple "And I don't care how I get her here"

×-×-×

Stacey sat in her room looking through some old photos on her phone, a smile crept across her face as a photo of her and Brax flashed up. She prayed he got her call and understood what it meant.

Suddenly her phone vibrated in her hand causing her to jump "Hello darling" A female voice spoke joyfully.

"Hi Mum" Stacey replied a little deflated "What's up?"

"Just checking in with my favourite girl" Stacey's Mum called twice a day to make sure Stacey was okay. Stacey figured it was to make sure she was keeping her side of the bargin...no involvement with Darryl Braxton!

"Oh I'm okay thanks mum, just finished my coursework" Stacey sighed when she remembered the photo of Brax.

"How is it all going?" Her mum seemed interested "Not long until you can become an official partner in your dad's firm"

"Yeah" Stacey wasn't as enthusiastic as her Mum about this, however she felt bad for what she put them all through while she was with Brax. So she simply went along with it, perhaps just to buy her some time so she could figure out what to do.

×-×-×

Casey sat beside his brothers in the cafe in Melbourne, they were all looking for any information they could find "Right I have narrowed it down to 6 possibilities, but I think this house share property is our best option" Casey pointed at an address on his phone "It's a couple of miles out of the city"

"Right let's go" Brax stood quickly.

"Don't you want to work out what to do?" Heath wondered and Brax frowned. He was still upset Brax had lied to him about why they were going to Melbourne. He didn't think Brax trusted him.

"Nope...we arrive, knock on the door and ask if she lives there. Its not difficult" Brax replied and Heath and Casey threw eachother a concerned glance.

"What if she's sharing with her brothers?" Casey spoke nervously.

"Then at least I know that's where she is and that she is okay" Brax replied "I'm still taking her home"

"Okay" Heath nodded "Let's do this then..."