Chapter 4: The New King of Asgard

4-  The  New King of Asgard

It's been a few days since Dad has been cast out of Asgard.Everyone was worrying about me, especially Frigga.

  I would tell her everything's okay and she doesn't need to worry over something like this.

   On the other hand, I refused to speak to Odin, and the Allfather ignored me as well.It was like I wasn't his little princess anymore, the one whom he would scold for not wearing those stupid dresses.

  Truth is, I never liked girly clothes.I prefered pants, they were more comfortable and I could move freely in them, without exposing my panties to the world.

  I was heading to Frigga's chambers, when I saw a figure dressed in emerald green out of the corner of my eye.

  Loki.

  It looked a little suspicious, but I shrugged it off.He was the God of Mischief after all.

   I knocked on the door and Frigga opened it, throwing me a kind smile.

   "Tyara, please do come in."

   "Why did you want to see me Granny Frigga ?"

   "I thought you'd feel lonely, now that your father is not here."

  "I was lonely before.It isn't such a big difference."

  Frigga had her lips into a thin line, telling me she knew of my issues.

"Where is he right now ?"

"On Midgard, as far as I know."

"Midgard ?" That sure didn't sound good for a guy like him.He'll stand out like a flower in the middle of the desert.

Frigga nodded.Suddenly, before I could ask her anything else, the doors were slammed open.

  "Queen Frigga, Princess Tyara, with all my respect, you need to hurry !  The Allfather has fell into his slumber."

  Frigga gasped and rushed out of the room.We followed the guard who led us to the King of Asgard's chambers.

  Loki was sitting next to him, his face awfully guilty.

  "What did you do ?" I asked.

  "We had an argument and he collapsed out of the sudden." He explained, glancing at Odin.Frigga ran to her husband's side and took his wrinkled hand into her palms.

   I approached my grandfather wearily.

That old geezer sure looks peaceful. I thought.

   Loki took a seat next to Odin, on the opposite side of Frigga.So, I plopped myself next to Loki.

The God of Mischief was staring at Odin, lost in deep thought.There was a heavy silence I couldn't possibly bear with anymore.Just as I was about to break it, Loki beat me to it.

"So, why did he lie ?"

I gave him a confused look, but realized he was talking about Odin.He didn't care to explain further.Frigga was surprised.

"He hid the truth so that you'd never feel different.You are our son, Loki. And we're your family." Frigga said, a gentle look in her eyes.

  I didn't want to bust in on their conversation, but I was growing more and more confused.

  "How long he's going to be like this ?" I asked, looking at the Allfather.

  "I don't know.This time is different, we were unprepared.I'm afraid..." Her voice broke at the end.

"There's still hope.I'm sure he'll be fine." I gave her a small confident smile.

   "Yes, both for him and your father, Tyara."

   "What hope is there for Thor ?" Loki asked.

   Dad...

  "There's a purpose for everything your father does, Loki..." Frigga replied.

'Loki, what was Frigga talking about earlier ? Did Odin hide something from you ?'

  He didn't reply.

  "You're a good son, Loki.You must know that."

  I saw Loki trying desperately trying to hold back his tears.

  Loki the Freakin' God of Mischief was crying. I couldn't believe my eyes.

  He got up, eager to leave and escape my questioning. Suddenly, an old guard entered the room and knelt in front of Odin's bed, the Allfather's scepter in his hands.

"The Allfather in his odinsleep, the line of succesion falls to you.You'll be king, until Odin awakens."

  The man got up and placed the scepter in Loki's hands.Loki's fists hesitantly tightened around it, as he glanced back to us.

  "Make your father proud !"

I was utterly shocked.Silently, without a word, Frigga left the room, along with all the guards.

  We were left alone, just me and Loki and an unconscious Allfather.

"Loki...?" I asked.

He looked at me, scepter in hands.I bowed my head, knowing he would enjoy it and I would lift his spirits.

  "So what happened, your Majesty ?" I teased.

  "I do not want to speak about it."

  "I'm sure the Allfather was well-intended. I mean... there's not a thing he could hide from y---"

  "Oh, you have no idea, Tyara !" He cut me off with a mock.

  "I can do without the sarcasm.Thanks, I appreciate it."

  "I have business to attend to, my dear." He replied, his tone soft again.Then, he stormed out of the room.

    I had like a million questions on my mind.And I knew the Princ- eh, whatever- King, wasn't going to fill me in on that matter.