Chapter 6: Life's good until you set someone on fire

6-Life's good until you set someone on fire

I woke up, to see a figure leaning over me.I jolted up, only to bump my forehead on that person's.

  I heard a sigh and realized it was Frigga.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I-..." I tried to apologize, but Frigga smiled at me nevertheless.

  "You're finally awake." She said."I was worried about you."

Everything that happened flowed back to me.

  "I'm sorry.I don't really understand what happened.I got mad at Loki and..."

  "I think it's time I tell you everything." Frigga cut me off.

I frowned slightly."Tell me what, exactly ?"

  Frigga placed her hand on mine and smiled."I know your father doesn't speak about her very often, but he should've told you."

  My frown deepened."The reason you felt so feverish is your mother."

"How can it be my mother ?"

  "Long time ago, your father was on one of his missions in Muspellheim, when he met a beautiful maiden.You should know the rest of it, I believe."

  "So she was a Fire Giant ?" I asked incredulously.

  "Not just any.She was a princess, King's Sultur's daughter." Frigga smilled.

  "I'm half Asgardian, half Fire Giant. And double princess.That's new !" I laughed nervously.That explained why I burned Loki.

"Thank you." I returned the smile."How's Loki ?"

  "His burn has yet to heal.He's off to somewhere right now.He said he has some problems to take care of."

  I noticed the sun begining to take rest for the day."Wait.What time is it ? How long have I been out ?"

"Almost 20 hours."

I pushed the covers off of me and sat up.

  "I really need to shower." I told Frigga, who smilled and left me alone

 I undressed and got into the shower, letting the cold water cool off my feverish skin.

  When I finished, I changed into a new set of leggings and a blue long-sleeved shirt.

  I decided I'd train to keep my mind off from my condition.

  I reached the training grounds, only to see Lady Sif.

  "Princess." She grinned.

   "Lady Sif."

   "No need to be this formal.Sif is just fine."

I nodded."The same goes for you.Wanna help me train ?"

  To answer my question she pulled her sword our its sheat and adopted a fighting stance.

I extended my hands and summoned my own sword.

  She charged, slicing at my side but I ducked under and tried to stab her in the breastplate she was wearing.

  Sif grabbed my arm and spun into the air, aiming a kick at my head.I parred it with my free arm.

  Suddenly, Sif let out a cry.Her pants were burning with bright flames.My eyes widened in shock.She dropped to the ground and rolled into the dirt, finally putting the fire off.

  "What the heck was that just now, Tyara ?!" She asked, getting up.

  "I-I do not know." I stammered and ran off.

  Sif chased after me but I turned several corners and hid behind a collumn.It seemed she had lost me.

   I was panting, as I closed my eyes.

  I can't control this.What do I do ? I'll put everyone in danger !

   "What's the matter, Tyara ? You look terrible." A voice said.I jumped three feet into the air, startled.

"You, idiot !This is like the 300th time I've told you not to scare me like this !"

"No need to be so harsh, my dear.What happened ?" He asked.

"I...set Sif on fire."

  Instead of laughing like I expected him to, he grabbed my hand and teleported us into his chambers.

"Loki, what are you...?" I began.

   Just then, a pair of arms wrapped around me from the back.I watched intently as they turned blue."Let me help."

   He was cold, much colder than any Asgardian.I sighed and leaned onto him, enjoying the touch of his freezing skin.

  "Odin's beard, Tyara ! You seriously need to chill out." Loki teased.

  When I felt my skin had regained its normal temperature, I broke from his embrance and turned around to face him.He had returned to normal and was smirking at me.

  "Thanks, Loki.It really helped."

  "At least, you won't set me on fire.It would be such a shame to the world if I died in a pile of ash."

  I rolled my eyes.He was so childish sometimes.

  "You can't even be set on fire in the first place.Anyways, where have you been ?" I asked.

  "This is not something you should be concerned of, Tyara."

  Something was off with him.I could sense it.However, I dropped the subject since questioning him further would be in vain.

"Did you know about me ?"

  "No, I didn't.Not until yesterday, at least.But I guessed it.Fire Giant, isn't it ?"

I nodded."We're total opposites and still, we're best of friends and family,  even if you're not exactly my true uncle. " I smilled.

Loki seemed distraught for a moment.

"Tyara, I need some rest.See you tomorrow." He said.I made my way to leave, when the most unexpected thing happened.

  Loki hugged me, not in a romantic way as you may think, but in a sweet, almost father-like way.The way you'd hug your bestfriend when she's in distress.

I smilled and turned around to hug back." Try not to set your bed on fire." He whispered in my ear."And better not worry my mother with this matter."

"Oh, shut up !" I poked him in the chest."I'm doing better than you'd think at controlling my fiery part."

  "And I won't.I can handle my own problems."

  But I felt guilty.I knew full-well I was lying and I bet Loki knew too.He is the God Of Mischief and Lies, after all.

  I couldn't possibly control my powers.Not at that moment or anytime soon.I was helpless and all I could do was hope the incident with Sif won't happen again.

A/N: OMG, thank you for the votes ! They keep me positive that I've done a good job.Feel free to comment and tell me your suggestions or crtize my work !Both are welcome, because I try to improve the quality of this book.

  I plan to update every other day, because I really like how this story turned out so far.

  My Naruto fanfic may be on hold for the moment, since school starts on Monday here.