chapter 9

welcome to another story filler

harry's pov

it was Saturday and Louis and i were at his mums house watching the kids while Jay and Phoebe were at the hospital for an appointment.

the doctors are saying they're getting closer to finding out what's wrong. her most recent mri showed a tumour of some sort but they're not sure what kind because of the placing. everyone has been on edge about it.

we're all in the living room watching 'Shrek' when Louis' phone dings, it's from Jay.

"harry i don't want to look at it," he says as he hands me his phone. i cautiously take it from him, looking at the screen to see a text.

mum❤️:sorry love but you and haz are going to have to sort out dinner, we haven't even been seen yet xx

i let out a relieved sigh and hand Louis' phone back. he just stares at me with that adorable confused look.

"well? i told you i don't want to read it,"

"shhhh! we're watching a movie," Daisy whisper yells from her spot on the couch with Doris, turning back to the movie, rubbing Doris' back.

i turn on Louis' phone and turn it to his face, he reads it and sighs with a gentle smile. he hasn't been dealing with this whole situation very well. losing Rose hasn't helped it at all.

i put his phone down and lay back down, putting my head in Louis' lap as his hands fall into my hair. i closed my eyes and fell into a nice deep sleep.

-

i woke up a few hours later to Louis gently shaking me while saying my name. i opened my eyes and grumbled as i was having the best sleep.

"hello sleepy head, dinners ready," Louis smiled as he kissed my forehead, he stood up and walked back to the kitchen where everyone was sitting waiting for me to join them. i stand up still half asleep and reach for my stomach, heart sinking into a pit of darkness when i remember Rose died. i try not to show my sadness as i make my way to the table. taking a seat across from Louis, next to Ernest who- along with Doris- has only recently moved from the high chair to dining chair.

Louis made spaghetti bolognaise, my favourite. we all finish dinner and i stand up, collecting plates as i make my way over to the sink in the kitchen. i fill the sink and add dish soap when i feel Louis' hand reach around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder as he hugs me from behind. a smile spreading across my face as my boyfriend nuzzles into my neck.

after cleaning up after dinner, Louis and i put Ernest and Doris to bed, making sure they got out their final burst of energy in the bath. we tucked them in, said goodnight and as i was turning on the white noise machine i was aching for Rose. we should be getting used to one for her arrival. her death has been hitting me pretty hard as we count down to her due date.

-

Louis and i get into his old bed. blankets soft and cozy. Jay still isn't home so we're staying the night even though Lottie and Fiz are here.

i snuggle up next to the small boy laying next to me, wrapping my arms around him and throwing a leg over top. a soft giggle leaving his mouth and i leave kisses all over his shoulder and cheek. i smile at him before resting my head on his chest, feeling my eyelids getting heavy before i doze off.

-

i wake up the next morning, Louis still in my arms. i slowly open my eyes to see he's got his face in my chest, legs entangled between mine and his breathing slow but steady, gentle snores leaving the boys mouth every other breath.

i gently untangle myself, trying to not wake Louis, he's been so tired lately. i get out of bed, pulling the duvet over him and kissing a small kiss to his forehead. i tiptoe toward the bag of clothes on the floor next to the dresser, carefully unzipping it. i grab out the clothes and put them on before walking to the door. as i turn the handle Louis stirs in his sleep, but not waking. i open the door, cautiously walking out before closing it behind me.

as i'm walking downstairs i hear soft cries coming from the kitchen. i walk toward the noise when i see jay, on the phone, holding her mouth to try cover the sobs. i slowly walk over, she looks up at me with bloodshot eyes and a look in her eyes that i've only seen once before but it was in Louis' eyes the day Rose died.

welcome to the first cliffhanger. i hope you guys enjoy the torture. i want to also die. this book is crazy and i regret deleting the old story because i used to laugh at it with my sister. ah good times. anywho,
All the love A x