Nine

My heart is gold and my hands are cold.

 Two days later, it started to snow, and me, Lily, Rose and Albus decided to have a snowball fight

Two days later, it started to snow, and me, Lily, Rose and Albus decided to have a snowball fight. Obviously, Rose and Lily (but mostly Rose) had decided it would be a great bonding session for me and Albus if we were on the same team.

So out we went, the four of us, laughing and all wrapped up in scarves and hats. I couldn't find my coat, so I was wearing Albus' old one, a fact Rose found great delight in.

Twenty minutes in and I was soaking, with snow in my hair and down the back of my jumper. Me and Albus were losing, badly, mainly because Lily had chosen a white coat so we could only see her scarlet hair, most of which was hidden under a white hat.

After I tripped Albus into a snowdrift, thinking he was Rose, and Albus accidentally kicked me in the face trying to get out of the snowdrift, we decided it was time to go inside.

Rose and Lily went ahead, and me and Albus lagged behind, searching for Albus' scarf, which was buried somewhere in the snowdrift.

'I'm sure it's here somewhere,' I laughed, digging through it. 'Come on, Albus, you have to look! Help me, come on.'

'But I'm freezing,' Albus complained. 'My toes feel like they're about to fall off!'

'So walk around,' I replied. 'Or jump up and down, I don't know!'

'You're so helpful,' Albus scowled. 'Look, I literally think my toes around going to die. I'm going to get frostbite. Do you want me to get frostbite, Piper? My nose will fall off. My lips will freeze. My toes and fingers will start to turn black and then fall off-'

'Albus!' I laughed. 'I'm not going to be out here longer. I'll be out here even less time if you help.'

'Can you make me hot chocolate?' Albus whined.

'I'll come with you to the kitchens,' I offered. 'Is that good enough?'

Albus considered. 'Fine. Okay. But you make nice hot chocolate.'

'For Merlin's sake, Albus, help me look!' But I was laughing, and that's when I found it.

'Albus,' I cried, 'I've found it. No thanks to you.'

I reached up to give it to him, but somehow he lost his balance and fell, landing in a heap on the snow next to me.

'Piper,' Albus complained. 'Not funny!'

I turned, ready with a retort, but his face was suddenly right next to mine, and I breathed out, and he breathed in, and I kissed him.

His lips were cold. Cold, but at the same time warm enough to make all of me warm, warm enough to make my heart beat ten times faster, warm enough to make my hands find their way into Albus' permanently messy hair.

For one heart stopping second after I kissed him, he didn't move, didn't do anything, just was frozen, but then suddenly it was as if a switch had flipped, and he kissed me back, his lips soft and smooth and everything I wanted, everything I knew I needed, everything that Albus was.

I needed him.

It was simple. I didn't know had I hadn't seen it sooner. I needed Albus, and he needed me, and that was that... We completed each other.

The kids didn't last long enough.

That was my first thought when we pulled away.

My second was: he likes me back. Because how could he not, when he'd kissed me like that?

Then I remembered I'd started it. Maybe he'd thought I'd attacked him like some wild animal, that I'd ruined our entire friendship...

Then he smiled. 'I'd love to kiss you again,' he said. 'But I think my toes might fall off. Can we go inside?'

PILBUS HAPPENED PEOPLE THIS IS NOT A DRILL

ALSO I CHANGED THE FACECLAIM OR IM ABOUT TO ANYWAY AND IM HIGHKEY EXCITED BC LOOK AT THE GIF AT THE TOP THAT IS KEKE PALMER AND SHE IS A SMOL BEAN

HERE IS TGE NEW COBER WHOOPS TEXT HAS GONE NON BOLD

ALSO I MEED MORE FRIENDS SO PLZ MESSAGE ME ON KIK SO WE CAN HAVE A HARRY POTTER GROUPCHAT OKAY COMMENT IF YOU WANT ONE AND ALSO COMMENY YOUR KIK MINE IS charlottte1

xxx Charlotte