vi

Make sure to comment what you thought of the chapter! (I'm a literal piece of shit I know lmao.)

Chapter Six

"So where is this guy again?"

Diana rolls her eyes tiredly, waiting for Spider-Man to follow her over to the edge of another roof. When he's a few feet behind her again, she swings herself down onto the fire escape that winds along the side of the building, landing with a metallic thud. She barely gives him a backwards glance. "He usually hangs out a few blocks away from here. In an alleyway, I think."

She hears him snort through his mask. "Seems appropriate."

He lands behind her on the fire escape and her jaw twitches as she takes note of how quiet it is compared to her own rough landing. She glances back to find his head turned towards the direction of her face in what she can only assume means that he's staring at her.

"Do you need something?"

He starts a little, but then lifts his shoulders in a shrug. "Just waitin' for further instruction, boss."

She promptly ignores his teasing tone and stares straight ahead as she jogs down the steps. "I don't exactly know where this guy stays, but I used to see him at least three times a week, so there's a good chance he's out here somewhere."

Spider-Man hums in acknowledgement from behind her. "Okie-dokie, so we just wait around until he shows up?" He asks, gracefully swinging himself around the railing until he lands directly beside her. Her eyes twitches again. "Sounds like a good plan."

Diana doesn't miss the subtle jab, but she ignores him anyway. They reach the bottom of the fire escape and into the adjacent alley. She's about to step out into the streetlight, but a hand on her arm stops her. She whips around and glares at the offending hand.

"What?" She says, crossing her arms. He sighs.

"I don't know if you've yet noticed it, it took me a few days to know myself, but what we're doing right now --" he pauses and motions to himself and her. "--is just a teensy weensy bit illegal."

Her face flushes as she realizes that she was just about to reveal themselves into the glaring streetlights. She gnaws on her bottom lip for a moment before managing to compose herself. "So what do you suggest we do, then? Climb buildings the whole night?"

A red-clad shoulder lifts into a little half-hearted shrug. "Well--"

He cuts himself off, grabbing her by the waist with a surprisingly large hand. Just as she's about to yell at him for grabbing her, their feet are no longer on the ground.

She shrieks loudly, scrambling to find a place for her fingers to grab onto. Her fingers grip the fabric of his red suit so tightly that her knuckles turn white and her fingers begin to ache. The wind whips her hair back and forces tears out of her eyes from the sheer speed at which he's taking them.

"Oh my god, oh my god, OH MY GOD," she shouts hysterically, digging her head into the crook of his neck to shield herself from the wind. He shoots out another web and the transfer jars their transition. "PUT ME DOWN NOW! PLEASE!"

"Nope!"

"I SWEAR TO GOD, THIS DEAL IS SO DONE, SPIDER-MAN!"