Editors

Position Description

Editors edit a given story. Editing includes fixing mistakes in grammar, spelling, choice of vocabulary, punctuation, sentence structure, etc. The rewritten copy of an edited work makes it easier to read. Editors must be helpful and constructive when they edit and not simply state the errors they have noticed. After having eliminated the errors in the story, they must make sure that the writing flows and is not abrupt after having made changes to it. 

Rules for Clients

- Bullying, harassment or any other form of assault will absolutely not be tolerated.

- In order to request an edit, fill out the form provided. If the form is incomplete or incorrect, it will not be considered.

- The story you would like an editor for must be posted on Wattpad. Stories from external sources will not be accepted.  

- The creator can reject any request with no explanation necessary.

- You may not undo the payment. It is not temporary.

- Please be patient with your editor. It may take a few days to complete the request. If they do not respond after five days, please contact an admin or a founder.

- If you have any complaints or praises, please leave them in the Complaints and Praises page. If you wish to leave a comment anonymously, you may PM it to the Circle of Writers team and they will post it with no mention of your name. 

Rules for Editors

- You must respond to every request that is made. If you do not, we will be alerted of this situation by the client(s).

- You must respond to the messages you receive from the team.

- If you are not going to be available for a certain amount of time, please let us know.

- If you wish to reject a request, you do not need to provide an explanation to the client, however please send one of the founders a message as to why you chose to reject the request. We will not reveal this information to the client.

- If a client is not obeying one of the rules, deny their request and contact the Head Editor.

- Complete your critique in the amount of days you have chosen. If you cannot, for any reason, please inform the Head Editor.

- If one of the rules is not followed, you will receive a warning by private message. If a rule is not followed a second time, you will be removed from the staff of a Circle of Writers.

- If the Head Editor receives any complaints, questions or sees that an editor is not following the rules, he/she must contact an admin or founder. 

Rules are subject to change.