Ginny

Harry woke the next day, feeling unsatisfied with the conversation with his Godfather last night. It was, of course great to talk to him, but something is lingering in Harry's mind. Something is different, it's like Harry suddenly felt as if someone told him there's a secret about him but he can't know what it is. It was quite frustrating to have something hung in front of his eyes, so vague and tantalizing.

Harry barely felt the energy to roll over and get himself dressed. What was the point? It's not like he had anything planned for today.

Suddenly, there was a quick and urgent tapping on his window. Reluctantly, Harry got himself up and dragged his feet to the window. Sirius, his new owl, jumped through the frame immediately as Harry pulled the window open. Flying across the room onto Harry's dresser, next to his cage. Sirius poked his leg out, with a small roll of parchment attached.

Harry walked over, and relieved Sirius of the letter, followed by a pat on his neck.
"Thanks Sirius" Harry said quietly.
Sirius hooted softly, nipping Harry's finger affectionately. He hoped into his cage, took a sip of water, then fell asleep on his perch.

Harry sat on the side of his bed, and untied the scroll. Untidy handwriting covered the small letter. Harry recognized the writing immediately as Ron's handwriting.

Dear Harry,
I know we said we'd only be gone for three weeks, but I think we might stay an extra week because 'Mione wants to see more historical sites! I know, sounds fun. Anyways, just thought I should give you a heads up! And sorry for leaving you with that utter git Kreacher, but why don't you go over to my Mum's? She says you never come over anymore.
See ya when we get back!
-Ron

Harry placed the letter on his bedside table. Harry really missed his friends, it's been three weeks since he's seen them.
"Well it's been months since you talked to anyone else from Hogwarts. Or anyone for that matter. " said that annoying voice in Harry's mind.

It is true, Harry has pretty much shut out everyone but Ron, Hermione, and the Weasley's. But since Ron and Hermione went on their trip, The only living thing that Harry talked to was Hedwig and Kreacher, and neither of them were great conversationalists to be honest.

Suddenly, Harry had an idea. I should write to them. Everyone I can. They must feel like I abandoned them, after everything.

Harry runs to his dresser, and begins writing. His quill scratching away...

****

Harry didn't stop until he had twenty-seven good sized letters. To Dean Thomas, Molly, Arthur, George, McGonagall, Aberforth, Flitwick, Padma, Parvati, Remus, Dennis, Seamus, Neville, Luna, Hagrid, Cho, Fleur, Bill, Charlie, Slughorn, Lee, Katie, Justin, Demelza, Kingsley, Oliver.

He put them into a stack on his desk. Was he forgetting someone?
He put it to the back of his mind, of course he didn't write to any Slytherins.
Not much they did for him.

Harry decided to go get some breakfast. There was a really nice muggle breakfast place down the street called Mama June's Breakfast Diner that Harry enjoyed. He slipped on some comfortable blue jeans, and a white shirt. He looked outside, and by the looks of the trees- it appeared to be quite windy. He threw on his old Weasley jumper for warmth.

Harry couldn't believe it was September first already. For the past seven years, this was one of the best days of the year. He would finally be able to get away from the Dursleys for a whole ten months. A bittersweet smile spread across Harry's lips. Harry's last encounter with the Dursleys wasn't too bad. Petunia and Harry had a level of understanding. Uncle Vernon barely acknowledged Harry's existence which wasn't out of the norm. But Dudley was unexpected. After all of the years of torturous hell that Dudley Dursley put me through, he apologized. Apparently Dudley only wanted to impress his father, by bullying Harry. He wasn't sure how to stand up for himself, and Dudley didn't really see anything particularity wrong with Harry. As rough as an apology that was, Harry understood that Dudley meant well when he said that. They ended on a friendly handshake, and then the Dursley family car disappeared into the distance on a journey to America.