Snake in the Graveyard

Harry spent the next few weeks anticipating September thirty-first, when he got to board the train back to Hogwarts.
He was excited to eat meals in the Great Hall, having fun in the Gryffindor common room, playing Quidditch, Hogsmead, and just all the memories.
Like Hagrids wooden cabin, where Hagrid had tried to illegally raise a fire breathing Dragon. Harry chuckled at the thought of Norbert. The Room of Requirement, where he held all of his D.A meetings. Where Neville felt equal in magical skill when he cast a patronus, or disarmed Harry. Outside the Shrieking Shack, where Harry threw mud at Malfoy Crabbe and Goyle under his invisibility cloak. The second floor girl lavatory where Harry had stuck his wand up a trolls nose. 

Hogwarts was not only the home of students and teachers, but the birth place of Harry's true happiness. Where he first felt he belonged. It was where his parents met, where everything started, and where a lot of it ended.

October twenty sixth finally came along, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione left for London to buy their books. They arrived at the familiar shabby looking pub that the muggles didn't even seem to notice. They entered the front doors and were immediately greeted by Tom the landlord.

"Harry Potter! What an honour it is to see you again!" The hunchbacked, toothless man spoke with a low, but obviously happy and warm voice.

"Tom, its great to see you again." Harry said politely. Tom always spooked Harry a little, even though it was obvious he was a kind soul.

"Please, you and your friends, have a seat! Let me get you a drink, on the house!" Before they could protest, they were being ushered into seats at the bar and Tom had disappeared behind the counter looking for drinks.

The three friends sat down in the bar stools, Tom placed three butterbeers on the table.

"So how have you been Tom? Glad to see the pub booming with business again!" Hermione spoke as if her and the barman were old friends.
Ron looked as bewildered as Harry felt at Hermione's sudden outburst of interest in The Leaky Cauldrons business levels.

"Oh well thank you fer askin'!" Tom said with his toothless grin.
"It was mighty down when You-Know-'Oo was 'round, but ever since 'ere Potter defeated the arse, me business is back better than ever!"  

They trio continued their conversation with the barman until their mugs were empty.

"Well Tom, I'm afraid it's time for us to head out now" Ron said, actually looking upset that their visit must come to an end.

"Well it was a pleasure 'avin you 'ere fellas" Tom gave an almost toothless grin.

As the trio got up from their seats, they bid goodbye to the barman and proceeded to the courtyard brick wall.
As the reached the wall, Ron tapped his wand on the special brick above the garbage can.
The brick wall seamlessly melted from the point where Ron's wand struck the brick, revealing a small town of wizard shops filled with witches and wizards.

"Where to fir-" Harry began, but was abruptly interrupted by Hermione.

"Flourish and Blotts! We have so many books we need! And I need some extra books for all of the extra courses I'm taking! I mean, this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take advantage of our learning!" Hermione said so fast the boys could barely comprehend what she said, and were stuck looking like someone had just confounded them.

"Well let's not stand around collecting dust let's move!" Hermione said with a snap in front of their eyes.

The two boys were dragged by Hermione through the crowds of people in a hurry, barely having a chance to apologize to those they bumped rudely into.
One particular witch, was holding an armful of brand new robes that Harry proceeded to accidentally knock from her hands onto the dirty ground.
He managed to break free of Hermione's grasp to help the woman pick up the robes.