Chapter 13

The altar wasn't what she was expecting, it looked like the ruin of a castle. Moss grew out of the cracks in the stone, the stone crumbled and the remains of the walls were all dirty.

"Are you sure this is it?"

"I've been coming to this place for eons, don't question it Angel." Ivan said and pushed me forward. It was 11:55. She was early, a wind had picked up and the lace didn't help with warmth. She wrapped her arms around herself, trying to preserve heat. Annoyed when she saw Ivan's smirking face. He didn't even bother to offer her his warm coat, such a gentledevil.

"It would be so ironic if he was late." Jenny muttered under her breath. "Is it always that cold?"

"Yeah, since us Devils don't feel the cold we're fine. I just wore this coat because it looked nice." Jenny rolled her eyes then in a blink of an eye, she was surrounded with a heavy fog. "Ivan?" No response, she forgot about the cold and instead fear replaced it.

"Jennifer Hawkwood, how are you finding the Underworld?" A figure appeared out of the mist, it was winged, with huge horns and deep red skin. His facial expression was hidden but he towered over her, he was around 9 foot 8.

"Who are you?"

"Satan. Nice to meet you." Satan extended his hand and Jenny shook it, afraid of the razor sharp talons.

"Why am I here? Why was it me?" Jenny asked, wanting to get to the point.

"Because you're special Jenny. As you now know, Abernathy as before you, she didn't end well. That's a con for having good looking Devils working for you. You're not falling for him as well are you?"

"Hell no."

"Good one. I need you to do something for me, it could end your life and the world be torn in half or, if it works, then the war between Devils and Angels can end. I need you to sneak into the church and talk to God, make a deal with him that could save all of us Devils. This could be hard, since the church is guarded heavily with fallen angels. Angels that were banished from heaven but still worship god."

"So? I'm going up against the almighty God and you think I can do it? Me, a girl that can't even get through Uni save the world? You haven't even told me why you chose me?"

"Have you ever wondered how your parents died? And how you never had a dad?" Jenny raised an eyebrow, true, those questions had bothered her but the nanny from the orphanage told her she had a dad. As if he was reading her mind, he nodded. "You did have a dad and he's still alive."

"Where is he? Why didn't he try to find me?"

"He's right in front of you." Jenny couldn't believe it, she couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

"Let's just say that you're not joking and playing with me, do you have a name I could use? I can't go around and say, "Hi, I'm Jenny and my dad's Satan."

He laughed, "Bruce, just Bruce."

"You know what? I thought you would be strict and almighty, but you act like a normal human. With their emotions." Jenny smiled but then went quiet. "You're joking right? About being my dad and stuff?"

"Nope and let me tell you a story. You're mum, Hayley was a human. I was bored here, there was nothing to do. So I decided to visit the mortal world in human form, I found the cafe she worked in as a waitress. We started talking and hanging out, then I started feeling really bad because I didn't know how she would react when she found out I was Satan. But then she told me that her parents were arguing and divorcing, she was caught up in the middle of it and she was getting abused and hurt."

"So you decided to interfere with her life?"

"Yes and I regret that now. I paid them a visit and they were arguing, there were things hauled around the room, I don't think they even noticed me there half of the time. Anyways, his dad started insulting Hayley and I couldn't hold back."

"You shifted and you killed them?"

"No, I didn't just killed them, I ripped their throats out and teared their organs out. Then Hayley found out and she ran, but she couldn't run away from me, once I had her scent, there was no corner on Earth she could hide in. I knew she would tell people, and they would hunt me down. No human should know about the Underworld or Heaven. Well I did the only thing I could.

"You killed my mum?" 

"I'm sorry, I had to. I broke so many rules when I talked to her, and I'm sorry Jenny, I shouldn't have done it."

"It's fine, I didn't even know her." 

"I've got a lot of things to do, in a week, meet me in the castle's lab, Ivan know's where." Bruce smiled and Jenny hugged him. Somehow she believed him, she felt warm, despite against his cold skin, this was a feeling to have a blood parent. Then he stretched his huge wings and in a flap, he disappeared and the mist lifted.

Ivan ran towards me, "What did he say?"

"Let's just say that I love my dad." 

"What?!" 

I walked off, smiling. "I'll tell you back at the house."