Chapter 04

Emma POV:

It had been a while since i had seen Rikki and Cleo. I had been in touch with them through mails, texts and phone calls, yes, but seeing them was completely different. I had missed my two friends horribly and was glad to see them again. Through i had hoped it would be in better situation.

It was one month before the end of my family's and i's world tour trip, we were on a boat going from african port to african port when strangers had come for me. They had waved strange stick and my family's eyes had gone fogy. A second later one of the men had gripped my arm and after feeling like i was squeezed through a tube i fahad been taken from the boat to this place where the International Wizarding Confederation met and was expecting me.

I had no idea who they were, where i was and what they wanted from me until one of them got tired of my questions and told me that the ICW was a gathering of great wizards and witches that would decide what to do with 'five rogue water hybrids'. It had been said with so much contempt and snarl that i knew right then that i was in trouble.

They knew i was a mermaid as well as Rikki and Cleo and knew of two others too, had done something to my parents and little brother and were obviously planning on doing something to me. They had complete control over the situation.

When Charlotte had appeared strongly held by another of those strangely dressed wizards i desperately held into the hope that the selfish girl had been behind this and that discrediting or revealing her as the twisted women she was would somehow help me out of this situation.

I should have known looking at her intimidated and cowed expression that she too had no control and was for nothing in what was happening. Instead i showed the ICW how much distrust there was between us and Charlotte something which i later learned thanks to this Blaize guy finding the Compulsion Charm was the worst thing i could do especially since, as much as i wanted to deny it, we needed her help.

Charlotte had always been smart. While Rikki was impulsive, Cleo caring and i independent Charlotte was cunning. She had outsmarted the three of us at every turn and would have won our final power struggle in the moon cave too if it weren't for Lewis mentally destabilizing her.

If someone could find a solution it was her. Especially since she appeared to be on our side.
My impression of Charlotte was further proven when on the fourth day in our suite Charlotte entered the saloon and asked to talk to us.

"A lot of stuff happened yesterday, we have made important decisions and significative progress by finding how to secure the Pod's finances and Sanctuaries and that the law aspect of everything has been guarantied taken care of by Goblins" she told us "but today we have create your own new and personal Siren and Triton culture."

I was surprised by what she said. Of course it was true that by owning Mako Island we were literally turning it into a private country but i didn't think we would have much to do beyond setting laws for visitors, Sirens and Tritons and our non aquatic and magically aware population as well as the accommodation of the natural reserve. I hadn't thought that we would be creating a whole new culture of our own.

That was simply too much.

"Since the five of us would essentially be making all major rules, decisions and laws of the Siren and Triton community as its elders i propose we decide to construct the hierarchies of both Pod's on what we have on hands right now."

And with that Charlotte pulled several papers filled with notes and gave Bella who was the closest one of the papers.

"I know i'm not part of your Pod but i did some thinking. You will be the sole owner of Siren's Cove which means that the Pod's finances and Sanctuary will both be in your sole hands."