Episode 10- Breath

"C'mon kid.."

...

"Wake up.."

...

"Tell me your awake.."

...

"Do something.. Anything.."

...

"Please.."

...

Gasping for air, frisk shot up. She held her throat and suddenly, sans rushed over. She couldn't breath, and her chest felt tight. Her vision was blurry, pain shooting throughout her body.

Sans gave her water, trying to find a way to help her breath. Fumbling around, he was in a certain state of panic. "Frisk, you er.. Nnng... Breath!"

Frisk's eyes were open wide as she sipped the water. Calming down, she could breath better. Her heart was thumping hard, and it felt like it was in her throat. ".. sorry .." She mumbled, noticing she was back at Sans' house.

Sans sighed, collapsing on the bed. "You scared the living daylights out of me, kid." He chuckled at the unintentional pun.

She held her head, not realizing it was throbbing. ".. what.. What happened..?"

Sans sat up. "Well.. After you passed out at the CORE, you were pretty close to death. I was able to keep you alive and brought you to Papyrus. He healed you best he could and suddenly, this goat lady who was the funniest woman I'd met came along. Then I realized who she was! That lady I promised to protect you. Anyway, she's downstairs."

Frisk blinked. ".. Toriel.. Is here..?"

He nodded, smiling. "Yeah. Also, she's made some pie." After a moment, his smile faltered. "... you were out for a long time, frisk.. I thought.. that well.." He huffed a laugh. "That i fucked up pretty bad."

Frisk looked solemnly at her skeletal friend. "Sans.." She put a hand on his shoulder. "I'm here. I'm always here." A small smile grew on her face. "Always."

Sans looked up at her and and scooted over to hug her. "you know.. I never left your side the entire time you were out."

She wrapped her arms around his bony body. "How long was that anyway?"

He shrugged. "Few weeks."

Stunned, Frisk pulled away from the embrace. "A few WEEKS..!?" She slid her arms down to his hands. "Sans, what is wrong with you? You need food, water, sleep."

Sans shrugged, looking at her eyes. "Frisk, you honestly think I could get sleep when you were on the brink of death?" He smiled. "Cmon, Toriel and Papyrus made a big dinner. They'll be really happy your awake."

Frisk shook her head, releasing his hands and holding her sweater that somehow Sans put back on her. "I need to leave."

Sans shook his head and gripped her shoulders. "Come downstairs, kid." His voice was inviting yet it wasn't an invitation and more of a command.

Frisk sighed, pulling the blanket up. She saw her blood-drenched sweater bulge over a bandage. As she moved, her body ached with every subtle movement. She winced as she got out of bed. "Need help?" Sans asked.

Shaking her head, frisk attempted to stand. "I think I've got it." She said. Shortly after that, she fell onto the floor with a loud thud. Sans picked her up and helped her walk out.

"You know... I've not been out of this room since we brought you home." He stated, reaching for the knob. "Kinda feels weird. Kinda like right after every reset." He chuckled, opening the door. He noticed Papyrus chatting it up with Toriel and the smell of dinner was in the air. He knew there would be shepherd's snail pie, spaghetti, butterscotch pie, and maybe some nice cream.

Frisk winced at the bright light of the downstairs. Limping along with sans, she was cautious at the smell of home-cooked food. "Ready..?" She heard sans ask. Nodding, they walked out of the door together and as they reached the stairs, Papyrus saw them and made a strange noise of excitement.

"HUMAN! SANS!" He exclaimed, rushing up the stairs and grabbing Frisk and carried her down the stairs. "YOU HAVE AWOKEN!"

Frisk coughed a painful laugh. "Y-yeah.." She smiled with a wince. "I smell Butterscotch.." She rasped, painful to breath, let alone talk.

Toriel smiled greatly. "I am glad to see you are okay. Are you hungry, my child?"

Nodding, Frisk leaned back in the couch. "I could eat I guess.." Her bones felt tired even though she had been sleeping for weeks.

Toriel went into the kitchen and dug out some reshot made Spaghetti and shepherds snail pie. "I hope you're really hungry, young one!" She called as she brought out a fairly large helping of each of the foods. Each helping was.. The size of her head.

Frisk, slightly intimidated, just blinked. "Th-that's a lot of food.." She mumbled, poking at the spaghetti.

Sans chuckled. "Just get me some ketchup and I'll help ya."

Frisk smiled and sighed. "Sans.. I.. I don't want to do this anymore... I need to reset."

Sans was stunned for a moment. "W-well... You know you can't do that forever. It breaks the universe, Frisk. Every time you rest, a piece of the universe is torn. There won't be much left soon."

Frisk took a bite of spaghetti and painfully swallowed it. "I have to. I don't know how this is going to end. One more pacifist run; since I know how to control Chara." Her bicoloured eyes shone with determination.

Sans sighed. "Do what you must, kid. But I won't be any part of it." He got up and left the house. Frisk sighed, wincing at her side.

...

That night, Frisk was helped into sans' room where she had stayed previously. She enjoyed her evening with papyrus and Toriel, but she still had a crippling fear of hurting them. She closed her eyes, opening them to darkness. She saw Chara standing off in the distance, past the CONTINUE or RESET button.

Frisk's eyes watered. She knew how this would effect the world next, but she had to. She didn't know how to continue in this run. Her hand was shaking as she had it over the REST button. She closed her eyes and pressed it.

Before she could get her hand up, Chara had put a knife through her head. Frisk fell to the ground as the world reset. She didn't know what would happen, but soon, she faded away.

"This is not the end, Frisk."