15. Pókemon Madness

This is a bonus chapter, rushed to celebrate Teen Hopeline's victory on the Writer's Struggle Awards. Thank you so much for everything, I wouldn't have been able to do this without you!

I've also added a special detail that relates to Sophie's book, "The Library Agreement", for the record it's literary perfection.

15. Pókemon Madness

Tessa's POV

Chelsea and I decided to have a girl's night out today and she's being the gentleman today, meaning she's picking me up, taking us out for dinner and a movie, plus she's giving me flowers (that's a joke but it would be nice, a girl can dream right?).

We got dressed up, me in a baby blue dress that flattered my curves and Chelsea in a black romper that made her look taller and sexy. Dinner went by with ease, no problems whatsoever besides a slow service and a loud chewing monster on the table next to ours.

After leaving Spork, the restaurant I had been in two days ago with mum and Pat, we headed to the movies. Silly enough, we did so on foot, despite being in heels. 

It was a nice walk, the weather wasn't too cold, allowing us to wear mid-season jackets over our outfits and having our hair move as the wind blew. We chatted about the usual girl stuff, boys included, as we made our way there.

We got to the 100-year-old brick building in about 20 minutes, you could tell by looking at the façade of the building it had some work done but its former glory was partially removed, at best,  with the big and modern signs and ticket booth that didn't suit the feel of the building at all.

Halfway through the movie, there was a 5-minute break and I decided to hit the head since I drank a tonne of Diet Coke and "half" a bucket of popcorn. When I finally pulled my dress's skirt up and my panties down my phone starts ringing.

"Perfect timing," I sigh but still do my business.

It wouldn't shut up even when after I finished and washed my hands so I dried them on my legs and answered the damn thing.

"Hello, this is a teen help-"

"Hey Tessa," It's James, again. "I have a confession to make." Oh, crap... He seriously does have the best timing, when I'm busy he calls yet, this time, it's for something big. Another big problem...

"What's on your mind?"

"I-I've been doing something bad lately." What the heck can someone as sweet as him do that's sounds so awful? He seems pretty damn serious.

"James, you are scaring me," I mumble quietly.

"Lately..." Last time he made a pause like this after a simple word like that he admitted he wanted to kill himself, I smell trouble. "I've been playing Pokémon Go."

"OH MY GOD, YOU PRICK! What the hell, dude?" I shout into the phone's microphone. "Don't scare someone to half to death for freaking Pokémon!"

All I hear is him laughing and all I see is the women in the ladies' room staring at me like I'm a freak. It's so not right to do something like that, then my frustrated self starts shouting at him. "Shut up, stop! Damn it, James."

He tries to apologise between laughs but then claims his younger brother made him play with him since he's too young to walk around alone. It's an admirable choice to go along, a waste of time but he still got to bond with his little bro.