Chapter 8

Song for this chapter, "fallingforyou" by The 1975

-------------------------------------------------------

Isabelle's P.O.V

Matt dropped me off at home around ten o'clock. I walked through the door and saw Austin and Zach asleep on the couch. The living room was a mess. There were chips and candy all over the floor and on coffee table. I guess that's what you get when you leave two boys at home by themselves. I put a blanket over Austin and kissed his cheek. I picked Zach up and carried him to his room.

**

Austin's P.O.V.

"Last night was the best night of my life," Zach said as I was starting to wake up.

I looked around to notice that I was still in Isabelle's house. I looked at Zach, "Yeah, last night was pretty fun." I got up from the couch and saw the mess that was covering the living room. "Looks like we had too much fun last night."

"Well, look who's up," said Isabelle.

I looked over at her and said, "What time did you get in last night?"

"Around ten." She walked over to where I was standing.

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"You were sound asleep." She looked at Zach and said, "Hey, could you go get a couple trash bags out of the laundry room."

Zach ran off and I said, "Sorry for the mess. I guess things got a little wild last night."

"It's no big deal." Zach came back in the living room, holding two trash bags.

He handed one to me and said, "Looks like we have a lot of cleaning up to do."

As Zach and I were cleaning up my phone started to ring. I answered it and said, "Hello."

"Hey, there's my MVP," Ryan said.

"Hey, Ryan, what's going on?"

"Nothing much. Hey, look I'm in town."

"Wait, what?! What do you mean you're in town," I said in pure shock.

"I'm in Arizona, actually, I'm siting outside you're house. Where are you?"

"What are you doing in Arizona?"

"I had a scouting job here in Sedona, and I figured I come see my favorite client. How fast can you get back home, I wanted to talk to you."

"I'll be there in a minute," I said as I hung up the phone.

"Who's was that?," Isabelle said as she in to the room.

"It was just my agent. I think I'm going to head home and grab a shower."

"Okay, well, why don't I stop by later? Zach will be with his dad, today."

"Yeah, that sounds great." I kissed her on her cheek and said, "I'll see you later." I looked over at Zach, who was trying to lift up the trash bag full of garbage and said, "How about I give you a hand, buddy."

I helped Zach take out the trash and rushed over to my house. I was shocked that Ryan was in town. I was a little nervous about what he wanted to talk to me about.

I pulled in my drive way and there he was standing at my front door. "Where were you?," he said as his hands went up in exaggeration.

"I was watching Zach for Isabelle last night and I fell asleep on her couch."

"I guess that would explain the smell."

I laughed and opened the door. "Make your self at home. I'm going upstairs to grab a shower and a change of clothes."

I took me twenty minutes to get changed and I came back down stairs to see Ryan making himself comfortable in my refrigerator.

"Dude, I said make yourself at home, not bombard my refrigerator."

He closed the refrigerator and laughed, "I got hungry. By the way, you need more milk."

I smiled and said, "Aw thanks, I'll make sure to add that to my list." I walked towards him and said, "So, you had something you wanted to talk to me about?"

Ryan sat down at the kitchen table and I joined him, "Yeah I did. I got word yesterday that the season is starting early this year, so they need you back in LA."

"What do you mean, they need me back LA?"

"They need you for early training and practice next week. Look, Austin, I know you have something good going on here, but you had to know that this was coming sooner or later."

"I can't just pick up everything and leave."

"Austin, you've done it before."

I stood up, walked away from the table and said, "Yeah, I've done it before, but things are different now." I looked back at him and said, "If I leave again, things between Isabelle and I would be even worse than the first time I left."

"You can't have it both ways, Austin."

"What if I could have it both ways?"

"What are you talking about?"

"What if, I could stay here with Isabelle and play basketball at the same time."

He got up from the table and looked at me, "Please, tell me you aren't saying what I think you're saying, because we just closed a four million deal with L.A. a few weeks ago, Austin."

"I know, Ryan, but sometimes it not about the money."

Ryan smiled and said, "Do you have any idea who you're talking to?"

I laughed, "I know exactly who I'm talking to. Come on, Ryan, I need to be here."

Ryan groaned in defeat and said, "You have no idea how difficult this is for me, Austin."

"Trust me I know, but that's why I chose you to be my agent. I knew you would be able to handle things when I make vast decisions like this," I said as the doorbell rang.

"I chose you as my client, first of all," said Ryan as he walked with me to the door. "I need to go make a few calls and set up some meetings. Try not to make anymore vast decisions while I'm gone." I opened the door and there was Isabelle standing at my doorstep wearing a cream colored sundress. Ryan looked at Isabelle and back at me and said, "Yeah, that's a good enough reason for me."

I smiled at Isabelle and let her in. "You look beautiful in that dress, Isabelle. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure you proved to me that you look beautiful in any dress."

She started to blush and she kissed me. "Thank you. Was that your agent?"

"Yeah, he stopped by to talk to me... which is what we need to talk about."

"I think, I already know what we need to talk about."

"You do?"

She nodded and said, "Zach watches sports center 24/7. Today they were talking about how practice is starting next week." She started to walk into the living room. "So, I guess that means, you're leaving again?"

I followed her into the living room and said, "Not necessarily."

She sat down on the sofa and I sat next to her. "What do you mean? I thought basketball was your dream."

I smiled and said, "I told you, basketball is only half of my dream. Being with you is the other half, Isabelle. I can't have the other part of the dream without the other half."

She starred at me with the utmost confusion and said, "Wait, I'm confused."

I laughed and took her hands in mine and said, "I know, and you're adorable when you're confused. I talked to my agent, today, about playing basketball and staying here with you."

"You mean playing in Phoenix?"

I nodded and said, "But... there's a catch. I scooted closer to her, "Isabelle, will you move to Phoenix with me?"