Chapter 24: Countdown Towards Heaven

Hey, everyone!

First off, I want to apologize for not updating FOR A LONG TIME. Considering how I'm really busy with my life, having bad lucks, or yesterday where I have to break a fight between two siblings of mine.

Second, I want to remind you that my stories WILL continue on, but with slow updates. That's it.

Oh! Almost forgot.

I had just thought of another wonderful story that I want to share with you all. Maybe after this story is completed, since.....this may be the last chapter. Or not!

Get your eyes, ears, and mind together and let's get this story on the roll!

Please leave a comment, share, or fav./vote below so that I will feel so happy every day. (^-^)

Enjoy~

Declaimer: I decided to add a bit of a twist from one of my favorite anime, so please. Let's give a big round of hands for Detective Conan! Yahoo! 😊 Don't own it's plot/climax. Thank you very much!
_______________________________

(Note: I'm too tire putting in details about Seto and Heba's rescue on the rooftop, so we'll just say that they are already been rescued. This help me a lot because I want to describe Yugi and Yami's situation more in details. Let's see if they'll be able to get out of this one. Shall we~)

'Not here either.'

Yugi sighs as he decided to give up his search for a flashlight, before heading back to where Yami was. There was a quiet "click" that made Yugi tense and alerted. He quickly looks around as his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

'Hmmm.....a rat, maybe?'

He shook it off as his imagination, before returning where Yami was.

"Sorry Yami, but I can't seem to find the flashlight. It looks like we would have to wait for the flames to die down before help can arrive."

He paused his step as he took in the distressed look on Yami's face.

"Yami? What's wrong?"

"......It doesn't seem like we'll be getting anymore time or sooner, Yugi."

Yugi narrowed his eyes before running towards Yami to see what he had found. Yami was holding up the table clothes as Yugi kneeled down and began inspecting anything unusual. It wasn't until his eyes look up and were met with a device that is currently counting down their fate.

"A bomb?!"

Yami nodded. "Every table has one. Including the one that is on the shelf over there."

Yami points the direction from where the shelves of alcohols are.

"I presume that that's their timer."

"Yugi."

Yugi's quickly switch his attention towards Yami and saw that Yami is currently staring down at the floor. Both his hands are in a fist as he seems to be cursing many words in his head.

"We only have ten more minutes left. So, how are we going to get out of this, Yugi?"

'Damn it!'

"Yami. We have to stay calm. We'll figure something out."

Yugi placed his good hand on Yami's shoulder as he continues to whisper soothing words to him. By then, Yami had finally found his bearing before resighting back to the situation at hand. Suddenly, there was a burning light from the window. This draw both Yugi and Yami's attention as they ran towards the window and found that the entire police forces and firefighters are on the other side of the building. In addition, their friends are there as well.