Chapter Three

"They say that the world was built for two,
Only worth living if somebody is loving you."

It was the blaring of a horn that ripped me from my book.

Dammit it was just getting good aswell.

I grabbed a knife, not that I'd be able to use it, and dashed outside to see a flashy red convertible, a euphoric Glenn and a pissed Shane.

"Check it out!" Glenn said gleefully.

"Are you crazy?! Turn that shit off!" Shane yelled over the alarm before shoving a floundering Glenn out of the way and cutting the wires.

"Where are the others?" Amy asked horrified.
"My sister, Andrea? Where's Andrea?"

"She's fine, it's all good. Except Merle, not so much." Glenn tried to calm her.

Everyone stood waiting, the air thick with anticipation.

"They're coming any second now." Glenn reassured, still giddy from the adrenaline.

Shane was having none of it.
"Are you crazy, driving this wailing bastard up here? Are you trying to draw every walker for miles?"

Dale readjusted his hat before saying "I think we're okay."

"You call being stupid okay?" Shane scoffed.

"Well, the alarm was echoing all over these hills. Hard to pinpoint the source. I'm not arguing, I'm just saying. It wouldn't hurt you to think things through a little more carefully next time, would it?" I spoke up, not wanting Shane to put Glenn on a spit.

I received looks of surprise since I usually stayed quiet. I felt as though no one would care about what I had to say, atleast that's what Nathan told me.

Dale nodded encouragingly.

"Sorry. Got a cool car." Was all Glenn said, making me chuckle.

With that came a collective sigh as the sound of an engine neared.

Well I'll be damned.

Andrea was tackled into a hug by Amy the minute she stepped out of the van.
"Oh my god you scared the shit out of me!" Amy exclaimed.

Morales was jumped on by his kids, their grins contagious.
I pulled T-Dog and Glenn into another hug.
"Told ya we'd come back." T-Dog said with a wink, giving my cheek a tap.

Running my hands through my hair in relief I froze when T-Dog took my chin between two fingers and titled my head.

"What happened to your eye?" He said slowly.

"I fell when I was carrying the laundry." The words came quick and I could only chuckle shakily when he nodded, seemingly satisfied.

"Gotta be more careful shorty."

I looked around for Nathan, finding a stranger instead. His strong jaw had dropped slightly as he made his way to Lori and Carl. The look of wonder on his face saddened me; for so long I'd wished for someone to look at me like that.

"Dad!" Cried Carl. The family embraced in a huddle of tears.

Oh my god.

I glanced at Shane who looked incredibly conflicted before feigning a smile.
I took in Mr. Helicopter Boy as Morales called him. He was tall, strong and had a surprisingly nice ass.

Once they had broken their embrace I was able to put a pair of blue eyes to the short, dark curls.

He was cute I'd give him that.

Okay he was more than cute but still.
Is he looking over? Oh my god look away you idiot he knows you're staring.

My embarrassment was interrupted by a tall, broad shadow.
"Time for our little chat baby."

Oh fuck.