Nine: Explosive

As I slowly began to wake up, my head was pounding aggressively. I had a massive head ache. I slowly fluttered my eyes open, and looked up to see Barry looking down at me. I was on a steel table, and he stood beside it. He ran a hand through my hair and I smiled softly, glad to see him.
"Hey sleeping beauty." He whispered.
"Hey." I whispered. Just talking made my head pound even more, so I avoided it.
"Are you okay?" He asked in a low tone.
"Yeah, just a head ache. I'm fine." I said, my hand reaching up for his face and my thumb began to trace the mask he had. The mask only covered half of his face, his eyes visible, but I still wanted to see him without it. I hooked my thumb under it, and slowly began to slide it off. But before it even moved, I was interrupted by Deadshot.
"Hey love birds!" He called out, and my hand fell back to my side. "Sorry to interrupt but we are in the middle of a life and death situation."
I sighed and slowly sat up, Barry's hand on the small of my back, giving me some extra support. "Yeah, I know." I answered, rubbing my temples. I slowly stood up, and once I felt like I could walk properly, I walked over to the large bomb in the middle of the room. It was about 6 feet tall, and 3 feet wide. It was a rectangle made of steel that sat in the middle of the room, a keypad on one side. Flag had taken the keypad apart and fiddled with the wires.
"We got 10 minutes." Said George.
I sighed. "Should we have a plan if this doesn't wor-"
"It's gonna work." Answered Rick, before I even got to finish my statement. "It's gonna work..." He repeated, concentrating on his job. I sighed and took a seat, looking around the room until my eyes landed on the Joker and Harley's bodies that were strapped to metal tables.

Nine minutes passed, and the Flash was agitated. "August." He said, as he stopped pacing. "We could run away right now."
"I'm not leaving them!" I said sharply. "They're my friends."
He sighed, and licked his lips nervously before taking a seat beside me, his head in his hands.
I believed in Rick.

Flash's POV
Everyone's crazy. I thought. There was thirty seconds left, and everyone was anxiously waiting for Rick to do his job.
"C'mon Flag!" Said Deadshot. "We don't have all day."
"We have thirty seconds, to be exact." Said captain boomerang.
"I did it!" Rick answered, the sound of the bomb shutting of was like music to my ears. I reached over and hugged August tightly, my nerves calming.
Now I could go home and be with August.
But the thing is...I couldn't.
She would go back to jail, and I would go back to Central City.
This was worse than a bomb blowing up in my face.
"Let's get these nut jobs out'a here." Said Rick, before calling for backup.

About 10 minutes later, ambulances were there, and they took Harley and the Joker. A chopper flew down, and it started loading up with the squad of villains.
"Wait," August said, stopping before she entered the helicopter. "My sword! I have to go get it!" She remembered, before running back into the large building. The rest of us waited outside.
And suddenly, something unimaginably terrible happened. Something I will never forget or get over.
The bomb went off.