Ten: Beating Heart's

Flash's POV
As I watched the building explode, my eyes watered. I thought Rick had disabled the bomb! He...he said he did! Without thinking, I speed into the burning building. I heard Deadshot call my name but I didn't listen. I wanted to find her. I needed to find her.
As I ran my way around and through fires, I stopped at the room the bomb went off in. I look around, and then I see her. On the floor.
Her body was covered in ashes, her leather jacket burnt, and her fiery red hair was now a dark red. Like the colour of the blood pouring from her mouth. She was burnt almost everywhere, and had almost no chance of making it. I made my way to her body, when a large wooden plank that was on fire fell in front of me. I quickly dodged it, almost getting squashed. I jumped over the wood, before finally reaching August. I put my fingers to her neck, and felt a slight pulse. Very faint, but it was there. I felt a tear roll down my cheek but I ignored it, picking her up. But just as I was about to run, I felt the building shake. The ceiling was beginning to crumble. My first instinct was to lay her on the floor, and cover her body with mine, protecting her from the falling debris.
Just as I shut my eyes, the building began to fall down on me.

Deadshot's POV
The building fell. The building fell with two kids in it. Two kids that died saving the city. I was mad. No...not mad...furious.
I pushed Flag against the wall of the nearest building, the light of the fire
reflecting off his face.
"You killed two kids. TWO KIDS THAT DIED WORKING FOR YOUR SORRY A-"
"FLOYD!" Yelled Captain Boomerang. "Don't." He muttered. I noticed the hurt in George's eyes, and then I looked to Rick. "I told you I'd screw you up if anything happened to her." I said through gritted teeth, letting go of his neck. "Watch yourself." I warned, before walking away. I kicked a rock with all the force I had, sending it flying.
I felt like screaming.

The Next Day

Rick's POV
First thing in the morning, I was sent back to Gotham to check out the site of the explosion. I did influence the destruction a little. Instead of destroying all of Gotham it only destroyed the building. So I did something right.
But it wasn't enough.
Floyd had a point. I killed two kids. One innocent. And I would pay the ultimate price.

I stepped out of the helicopter, some firemen already there, checking the debris for their bodies. I knew they would find them, but not alive. I looked at the completely destroyed building, and bit my lip. June would hate me for this. She would never look at me the same. No one would.
"Hey! Over here! I found them!" One of the firemen shouted. I decided not to get involved, and turned to walk away.
"They're alive!" He shouted again. My eyes widened and I turned to see if what I heard was true. "They both got pulses!"
I ran over to the scene, and watched as they carried Barry's body and August's body. Both of their chests rising and falling. I sighed in relief, tears welling up in my eyes.
They were alive.

A/N; sorry for this chapter being cut short!! I start school today and didn't have time. I promise to update everyday and if not every two days!! Thanks for your support :)