6. He deserves love

Aarti Pov:

Until now, I thought he was hurting only me. But No. He is hurting himself too. I don't love him but as a wife, I can't see him in pain. So I said I am giving up on him. However, I never give up so easily. Surely I will change him.

He is not a beast. Every coin had two sides. That applies to humans too. He is showing only the evil side of him where he resembles a beast.

However, I know there is a human hidden in him, which is another side of him. No one can see that. But I can.He deserves love. But he denies it.

If Maya betrayed him, he should be angry on girls, and to some extent, we can understand that act. But why is he angry on himself? Why is he punishing himself? I need to know answers for these.I sighed and leaned back to sofa closing my eyes thinking about my Vihaan.

Vihaan PoV:

I intentionally tortured her so much during last night. I know she had done nothing wrong to deserve that torture. But I want her to hate me because loving me gives her only pain. It does no good to her. I don't deserve love. I deserve only pain and hatred.

After torturing her, I didn't allow her to room. Because I decided to punish myself for hurting her. I took knife and injured myself. Blood came out. But it's so less before the torture I gave to her. I burnt my hand with cigar. Then I whipped myself hard.

Morning when I woke up, she kept everything ready as usual. I went to have breakfast. While having it, she looked scars on my hand. She immediately ran and brought the first aid box. I know she is walking with difficulty. But how can she ran so fast just for me? She cried seeing my scars. She removed my shirt and did first aid. After many years, I saw someone crying for me. Whatever, finally she decided to give up on me. She, at last, realised that loving a beast is tough. I can't forget her innocent face. Because of my torture, her eyes got swollen; cheeks got swelling and lips became red. How can I be so harsh to her? Unknowingly, I felt some pain in my heart.

The next question which occupied my mind is, is she fine? I felt something is wrong with her. My intuition is telling me that, she is not fineI thought to call her. But, only then I realised that I didn't have her number. I rushed to home. I knocked the door twice, but she didn't open. Did anything happen to her because of my torture? Is she fine? God please save her. Nothing should happen to her. Or I can never forgive myself.

I opened door with spare key and went inside. I called her name loudly and reached room. There is no sign of her. She is no where in room.Where is she? Does she leave me? After all who will stay with a beast like me? But why didn't she tell me, if she decided to leave me? How can she sustain? She is uneducated. How can she find a job? Is she educated? Whatever if she informs me, I would have arranged everything for her and leave this house for her. Whatever, I can't deny the fact that, she is my wife, and I must care for her.

I got a smell of natural-gas odor, from the kitchen. I went into the kitchen. I got shocked seeing the scene there. Aarti lied on the floor unconscious. She kept milk on stove and as its overflowed, fire went off and gas leaked. I immediately switched off burner and opened all doors. I took her to room in my arms.

"Aarti, open your eyes" I said patting on her cheeks slowly.

Oh God, she is not coming into conscious. I sprinkled water on her. She opened her eyes slowly. I hugged her tightly sitting beside her. I broke the hug and cupped her face.

"Are you ok?"

She nodded.

"This is all because of me. I....am....I...a." I struggled to say sorry because I never say sorry to anyone.

She smiled.

"Is your ego stopping you from saying sorry. Its ok. I am not expecting sorry from you" She said slowly.

"I will call doctor. You need treatment immediately" I said.

"No. Don't call doctor. If she checks me, she will find out the truth. She may understand that you raped your wife. Your reputation in society will be at stake."

Her words made me angry. I looked at her seriously. Her eyes are confirming that, she meant what she said.

"What the hell are you talking Aarti? You are my wife. I have every damn right on you" I said in rage.

"Yes I am your wife. But it doesn't mean you can rape me against my wish" she said increasing my anger.

I pulled her hair. She screamed with pain.

"Don't say one more word, or I will kill you today" I said seriously.

"Hmm. I said the truth Mr. Vihaan. You can't make it a lie by threatening me. Just now, you saw me falling unconscious because of your torture, and now you started hurting me again. Its true that you can't even control your anger at least for few minutes. Then why are you showing your fake concern on me?"

"Fake concern?? What do you mean? I am really worried about you. However, you can never understand my concern on you." I said as her words hurt me deeply.

What will I get, if I show fake concern on her?

"Oh are you expecting me to trust and understand your concern and care on me? Show your care and concern without expectations Vihaan. Then you will not get hurt even if I don't trust your concern" she said looking into my eyes.