Cinder

We will be arriving in 40 to 50 minutes.

Cinder stopped hitting on her portscreen and read the message. Wait. Why were they coming? With some of the repairing requests that she was getting, it was hard to remember and easy to forget. She had retired from being Lunar Queen and returned to Earth, only getting more work then intended. She liked them, but she was just getting the hang of it again.

Kai let her stay in his palace after Wolf and Scarlet's wedding. Cinder could have gone to Adri's apartment, but to think about her meant also to think about Peony, and plus, it brought back too many memories.

So now she lived in the New Beijing's palace.

Not that it was so bad. There was Kai, sweet Kai, and Torin, who had grown to be like a father figure to her, and many other people that Cinder enjoyed company with.

"Cinder!" Iko entered the room. "Cinder! I just got a comm that the crew will be here! I'm so excited!"

So Iko got the same message. Huh. "Do you know why, though?" Cinder asked. "Seriously, Cinder! Are you joking or did you really forget? Again? I told you this 3 hours ago!!!!!"

"Sorry Iko, but I really forgot... You know I'm busy." "Fine," Iko pouted, "I'll tell you. Today is Kai's birthday, remember? And we-you, me, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, Thorne, Winter, and Jacin- are supposed to throw a surprise party! Remember?"

Oh, stars! How could Cinder forget?