Chapter 15

The look on Ava's face was priceless as she stared at Nicholas. She honestly was very confused, why would her father want to do that to her. If he knew that killing her would kill him as well? It doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe he doesn't know this information. She needed to find out more, like how Nicholas knew this and if it is even true. She wasn't even sure if she could trust what he was saying right now, considering the last time they saw each other he threatened to kill her. She needed to talk to him now because if she didn't she would forever be lost.

Ava pulled Nicholas to another corner of the room, while Lucas turned his attention to the others an awkward silence falling over them. Matt watched the four of them, well, mostly Ava. He wishes he could get in her head to see what she was thinking. He's not even sure how she could be so calm during a time like this. If Matt's parents were planning to kill him for so long, he wouldn't know what he would do.

He frowned as he thought of his parents, flashbacks running through his mind of their lifeless bodies lying on the floor. His hands covered in their blood, a pool of the substance around his knees as he kneeled beside them.

Matt had no other memories of that day. Only of both of his parents laying lifeless in his arms. He wasn't even sure how he became what he is today. He didn't remember who his sire was until now, Aron, he does remember that he was bitten that same day, by him, which led him to believe he himself killed his parents. Everyone else believed that as well, except for Ava. She knew that he didn't do it.

Matt was so lost in his own thoughts he had blocked out the entire conversation that was going on before him. He looked over at Ava who was staring at him, a frown on her face and fluttering in her chest. She looked away quickly ashamed of herself for feeling the way she did about Matt. She wasn't sure what it was, but she was sure that her crush was coming back to life and she hated herself for it.

The boy, had killed her mother, even though she was working with Roman she was still her mother. He has also told her that he liked her, then just disappeared the day after. When they were twelve the day Matt's parents had died, a few hours before Matt told her how he felt, she felt the same way, but nothing ever happened, so when he left it hurt even not than it should have.

"Matt?" Lucas asked, snapping his fingers in front of his face.

"Yeah, what?" Matt said, snapping his head away from Ava and towards Lucas.

"Were you even listening?" He asked, crossing his arms over his broad chest.

Matt shook his head shamefully. His eyes traveling to the floor.

Lucas shook his head, "Anyways Nicholas can you repeat everything you just said?"

"Okay, well. Henry is on his way here with around twenty vampires. He plans to capture Ava, and bring her back to Roman" Nicholas stated.

"Okay, we know that already. Why don't you explain to us why the hell you are here and how Ava is the 'link' in your family?" Matt spoke up, growing slightly annoyed with the boy since he providing no actual explanation for any of this.

"Alright, pretty boy no need to get your panties in a twist" Nicholas smirked. Matt growled, his eyes glowing a dark red.

"Matt , he's not worth it," Drew whispered in his ear from beside him.

Matt sighed and nodded his head, keeping his mouth shut, he continued to listen to Nicholas who was attempting to explain things.

"Okay, so Roman is completely unaware of this information. I had just found out myself that Ava was the 'link', so if you die, that means me, Roman, and Storm we die too. However, the link can be broken by you Ava, if you find the object that links you to the entire blood line and smash it into your own blood it will break the link"