t w e n t y f o u r

Pharrah

I was apprehensive standing in the threshold of our mansion house, gazing at the storm building up near us. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I lost all hope in finding Paisley.

It's been days since I last held my little girl and it killed me. Kenny grew older by the minute with brown hairs falling out, whilst he relentlessly searched for our missing daughter.

Jace was out there with my baby and he will pay for this. This time, I will kill him. I won't let him escape.

Or he will kidnap another. And the emotion called fear will be our pack's greatest enemy.

Jace

"I want waffles!" A pleasant little voice tickled my ear as I scanned over some stolen files in my office.

I let out a sigh, pushing away from my desk and gave my little mate a glare.

"I'm trying to work. I can't do it with you whining in my ear every two minutes!" She flinched at my tone and instantly I internally kicked myself. Oh no.

What have I done? Have I actually given myself away to a child? A useless pup. What my father always despised.

Such a shame I found myself yearning to protect the little girl with all my life. Which may be forever. Since I'm a vampire.

Yet my mate had to be a werewolf. Who would soon die from anything. Disease, old age and from me.

A tiny pang in my cold and dusty heart clenched inside. Why do I feel myself hurting without her? The very thought killed me dangerously and viscously.

I felt myself panting heavily with need for a small pup by the day. I was prepared to lose anything for Paisley. A feeling I never had before.

Such a shame. She's too beautiful for me.

"I'm sorry, Paisley," I murmured softly for once in my dark existence and stood up quickly which made her smile brightly.

A tiny smile dripped along my lips as I leaned against my desk. Patiently watching the girl gracefully put away her coloring book and crayons.

"I shall call the servants to cook you up a meal." I said suddenly, forgetting my soft voice but I wasn't as loud as I usually am.

"No!" She stammered, running into my unopened arms. "The servants are mean. I want you to, my Jace."

My non beating heart danced at the child's innocent words and I automatically reprimanded the human inside me.

I attempted to pry the child's arms off of me while still expressionlessly gazing at her swamp of golden hair. "Can you please get off of me?" I grumbled with a sigh. She didn't budge.

With a final groan, I reluctantly agree. She squealed in happiness and dashed to the kitchen.

I cocked my head to the side. A couple words of agreement and the girl can jump up and down till the sun sets again.

She is utterly ridiculously........lovely.