t h i r t y t h r e e

{3 weeks later}

Kenny

"You've been out here for awhile." Observed Pharrah, her warm hand placed on top of  my paw.

I was in wolf form so no response ricocheted back. We didn't have to speak but she knew exactly what I would say.

Our daughter had changed. Physically and mentally. She stayed outside on the swing, silently gazing at the crystal clear blue moon.

As an overprotective father, I've been keeping tabs on her, watching her from the woods for hours.

My little princess was cold, her eyes got lower and lower as the days pass on. I felt helpless.

No one spoke of her disappearance and nor did I mention Jace had aided to find Paisley and that she was with him.

But since that day, the day that I found her laying in a pool of blood, I couldn't sleep. Pharrah stole my thoughts but my dreams were always of my little girl. Most days I was worried, other days I was taking care of Paisley.

Kevin took care of baby red whilst Stacy and Silas expected their first child together. I was a bit weirded out of actually having a new sister in law named after my mate. But that wasn't what I concerned myself with.

Paisley. She is not the same. Atticus is taking it the hardest. He misses his twin. The crutch he leaned on so vitally.

Damn it. I finally get my family together again and it seems like new problems always arise.

It took me a few seconds to realize that Pharrah hadn't left and she was staring at me.

I let out a wolf sigh and transformed.

"What do you want?" I muttered but regretted it.

A smack to the head caused me to growl in frustration.

"She needs you. Please, talk to her."

I nodded and shoved on a pair of basketball shorts stashed away behind a tree.

I trotted over to her and sat beside her. She barely flinched, her small body didn't move.

"I'm sorry, baby, I should've been there to protect you."

Her eyes fluttered to mine, they were somewhat puffy and red, as if she had been crying recently.

"Daddy?" She croaked and I instantly held her in my arms.

"It's ok, princess, I've got you." I whispered.

"I'm so cold." She whimpered as I rocked her back and forth. I couldn't hear what she said after as the wind started to pick up and her voice gradually disappeared. It sounded like she said that she was also hungry but I wasn't sure.

"Daddy........please take this pain away....."

Once again, I couldn't give an answer to a heartbreaking plea.

But I nodded anyway.

Pharrah

I watched my mate hug our daughter then rock her back and forth. She said something before turning her head toward his neck.

My jaw dropped as she opened her mouth, teeth unsheathed from her gum as her eyes turned bloody red.

I clutched my hand against my mouth, close to screaming. Suddenly, as if snapping out of it, she blinked and closed her mouth.

I took a step back and she searched for the noise. Her eyes flickered to mine before turning originally back to baby blue.

Our baby is no longer a baby. I realized as I slowly sank to my knees.

She's a monster.