Medicine and Psionics

I breathed and walked straight into the settlement. I kept my head up and walked down the path to a stall and got a bag of food. The rust running the stand watched me warily, I think he lowered his prices a bit hoping I would leave quicker.

When I made it to a few stalls down I found another stall this one selling medicine. I breathed a sigh of relief and quickly bought as much as I could.

I began to rush back up the path towards the little, run down hive I had found. I had just gotten back to the thicker part of the woods when I slammed into another body.

My bag went tumbling to the ground and I got knocked on my ass. I quickly got up and brushed myself off.

I grabbed a few things off the ground and was preparing to get the rest and leave when, "Watch where you're going dumbass."

I looked up and my jaw dropped, "You're..."

His dual colored eyes widened and started sparking, the way Sol's did when he was going to use his psionics.

Knowing one trick to stop him from frying me, I threw myself forward towards him and when he flinched I grabbed one of his larger horns with a free hand and yanked it forward with a harsh grip.

I learned quickly that doing this would stun a psionic long enough to abscond.

As soon as he was stunned his companions rushed to him and I ran with what was in my hands.

I stumbled into the hive breathing heavily and heard a creak before a worn out voice called out, "Danny?"

"Yeah, Cro it's me," I walked up to his side and crouched, "I lost most of the food I bought."

"I told you not to worry about that, I'm fine," He told me before he coughed wetly.

"I also bought some medicine and I still have a bottle of pills for you," I continued.

"What was it?" He asked.

"What was what? I asked back getting the food and meds into a little area and started putting together food for him.

"THE TROLL YOU KNOCKED INTO ERIDAN," He snarled loudly.

I lowered my fins and walked over there with a grubloaf and two pills and sat down on the mat next to him.

"It was the Psiioniic," I said shoving the pills at him.

He swallowed them down and took a swig of water, "We need to leave."

My eyes widened and I shook my head, "No, please Cro, your sick. You're really sick."

He sighed and smiled a little, "We got to, he was well known as being the more aggressive one of the group. He might try and come here, if the burn on your hand is an indication."

I looked at my palm only to see a burn from where I grabbed his horn, "He's a higher level psionic than what you're used to."

"But..." I was cut off by a knock on the door.

"Shit," He said.