Snitchers And Talkers Get- Reminded Of How Hurt They Were So They Keep Quiet

(a/n: This chapter might switch POV's a little bit more than usual so you guys can get an all-around view of what's going on in the story)

(a/n: Also, please remember to comment or vote! I hate asking, but they really do motivate me to update more and keep the story going.)

RUBY's POV

Jack... He kissed me? But why!? I mean, yeah, maybe I've started liking him a little bit in the past month, but I didn't tell anyone! Not even Alex!

So why would Jack kiss me?

I don't know how long it's been since he left. It has been a while though... Hours, at the least.

He had put his hand on the side of my face and pulled me closer. Then, when he pulled away, he seemed angry... He just stormed off. I didn't move at first. I couldn't.

Then the scratching started. I don't know when, but I couldn't help it. Then my hands started bleeding and I got scared.

What if Alex got the wrong idea? He wouldn't be completely wrong, but there's a difference between a panic attack and self-harm.

One is a choice.

(a/n: just going to throw in there that while many of you readers might not agree with that line, this is the way Ruby believes for reasons that will be a part of the story later.)

Either way, there was a lot of blood. And then I started crying and I couldn't see through the tears. I tried rinsing my hands off, but I was in the middle of an attack by then. I slid against the front of the counter until I reached the floor.

I haven't moved since.

I don't understand...

It was all a joke.

ALEX's POV

"I missed you too mom," I laugh as she hugs me too tight. "I'm going to go put my bag upstairs. Is Ruby home?"

"I haven't seen her since she got home yesterday afternoon," my mom replies as she releases me. "I don't know."

I sling my backpack over my shoulder and head for the basement's staircase. Dropping the bag at the bottom of the stairs, I look around for Ruby. After not finding her there, I walk up to my room. I still don't find her...

"Alright, if you're trying to jumpscare me because I was out of town for the weekend, then just know I'm expecting it," I announce loudly in the hallway upstairs.

Helen emerges from the linen closet and I wait for Ruby to follow.

She doesn't.

"Fine," Helen sticks her tongue out at me. "Dork."

"Hey sis," I greet. "Where did Ruby go?"

Helen's eyes go wide and she nods at the bathroom door to my right.

"I didn't go in. But whatever happened... It wasn't good."

I don't stick around to ask more questions.

Was Ruby cutting again?

The things I see when I open the door take a moment to sink in. But when they do, my heart breaks. "Rube's," my voice cracks.

I step in and close the door behind myself. I don't want my little sister to see any of this.

It's pretty scary.

The blood is the first thing I notice. It's caked over Ruby's hands, as well as the counter and the sink. Towels and bowls are everywhere, littering the room.