Prologue

tick tock
tick tock

The grand father clock went, the 8 year old girl with long black hair up to her stomach put in two braids started at the clock as if it was the most fascinating thing on planet Earth. The door to her room opened reveling her mother and father. "Sweetie, we have to go on a business meeting today, we won't be back until 12." It was 6 P.M. right now. The little girl nodded, still keeping her eyes on the clock. "Okay mother, father." The mother said, putting her head on her husband's shoulder. "Don't stare at the clock for too long dear, that would be boring! Go and play with your train set that uncle gave you while you wait for the maid to call you for supper." She nodded again. "Yes mother." The wife and husband left, closing the door. The girl stood up an flattened her white dress and walked up the door and opened it a tiny bit.

"Oh, it's just so terrible! Our daughter has done nothing with the 8 years of her life! All she does is be silent! She's not like other kids who get all excited or who play around the house making it a mess! What did we do to deserve this!?!" The little girl closed the door, a tear rolling down her cheek. It hurt of coarse. She looked around her room. It was the same thing. Queen size bed, a huge toy chest, walls with butterflies painted on them, a closet full of clothes, the train set that circled the entire room, and her big grand father clock that she loved. She sighed. It was the same boring thing everyday. She wasn't always like this, she was once, a happy, normal child that her mother had wanted, but that only lasted for 5 years, then poof, if that one thing had never happened, then she would of stayed a happy normal child that her mother had wanted. She would of been loud, making a mess around the house, just like her mother had wanted, she would have been the perfect child her parents wanted.

Mizuki walked up to the toy train, stepping her foot in front of it, picking it up and threw it on the purple wall, breaking it. A maid walked in. "Supper is ready miss-" She noticed the broken toy on the other side of the room. "Miss, that wasn't very polite." She ignored her. Mizuki faced her and said, "Thank you for telling me that supper's ready and please throw away the broken toy." The maid bowed, "Yes miss." And quickly picked up the toy and threw it away. Mizuki walked to the bathroom to wash her hands then to the dinning room to go eat. she ate alone with the maids and butlers watching her. Mizuki demanded. "Eat with me." A butler asked, "Pardon me miss, but what did you say?" Mizuki repeated, but in a louder voice. "Eat with me, I don't feel right with you just staring at me, how rude of you." She drank her orange juice. The maids and butlers nodded. "As you wish miss." And ate with her on the dinning table.

The next morning was like any other, birds chirping, the maids and butlers cleaning, the 8 year old's parents not being home yet as they promised, and Mizuki walking outside in the garden as usual. Mizuki held her chin up and walked with a straight posture and held her hands behind her back with a book balancing on her head. She hummed a song. squish Mizuki looked down at her shoe. Her eyes widened. "Hm?" It was a cockroach, it's guts all over her white flats. She stared it for a while, she put her foot back down and grabbed a stick off the floor, scraping the dead bug off of her shoe and on the short green grass. She poked it, playing around with it. She couldn't help but smile. 'This must be what fun feels like!' Mizuki thought with a smile. 'I'm finally going to be the daughter mommy always wanted!' She dropped the stick and ran back inside the mansion, happy as can ever be. The maids and butlers looked surprised seeing the young girls like that, but also happy at the same time. Mizuki grabbed a jar and a butter knife from the kitchen and a cleaning cloth that she took from a butler. She ran back out into the garden and squashed as many insects as she can and put them inside the jar. Mizuki smiled at the jar full of dead insect guts. "I hope mommy would be happy!" She giggled and put a towel over the jar. She walked back inside, but something caught her eye. She looked by the door and next to it was a small hole in the wall. She tilted her head, "A mouse hole?" She grinned. "I have an idea!" She ran back into the kitchen and grabbed some cheese and put it in front of the hole. She pulled out her butter knife and smiled, waiting for the mouse to come out. After 10 minutes, the mouse came out, and swiftly the little girl dug the butter knife into the mouse's body, hearing it cry out in pain, blood splattering on her face and staining her white dress. She twisted the knife around the body to make sure that it was dead, it was. She grabbed the white mouse and put it in the jar. She smiled. "Mommy is going to love this!" She stood up and put the cloth on the jar. "Miss! Your parents are here!" She heard in the distance. She smiled. "Coming!"

She ran over. "Your daughter has been in a very happy mood today, I can't wait until- EEPP!" The maid screamed in terror as she saw the bloody child. Mizuki grinned and took off the cloth, revealing the jar of bugs and a dead rat. The mother screamed and fainted at the sight. Mizuki dropped the jar and rushed to her mother's side. "Mommy! Mommy! What happened mommy?!" The father looked back at the young girl. "Mizuki Corona! Why did you think that bringing these- these-!" Mother woke up. The little girl gasped and grabbed the jar again. "Mommy! Look! I made this for you!" The mother gagged with disgust. "Y-You are not my child! My daughter would never do such a thing!" Mizuki frowned, tears forming in her eyes. "I though you wanted me to be happy. Isn't this what happiness is like?" She put the jar closer to her face. "N-NO!" She slapped it away from her face, breaking the glass jar. The little girl dropped to her knees, tears pouring out. "M-Mommy . . . ?" The mother looked at her daughter and gagged. "What a disgusting child." Mizuki cried harder, gasping in between sobs. "D-D-Daddy! Wh-why i-is m-m-mommy be-being s-so so mean!?!" The father slapped the child with the back of his hand. "I am not your father and she is not your mother and you are not our child. We raised you better." Mizuki gripped on her butter knife. "Y-Y-Yo-You were ne-nev-never eve-even there for m-m-me! Y-You nev-never raise me!" The father ordered, "Butler! Take her to her room! Drag her if you must!" The butler carried. Mizuki cried. "N-No! M-Mommy!" Mizuki's mother looked away from her child, putting her head on her husband's shoulder. "What a monster . . ." Mizuki's heart broke, she dropped her bloody butter knife and cried into the butler's shoulder. "I'm so sorry Mizuki." The butler whispered and dropped her down in her room and locked the door. Mizuki cried into her pillow. "I thought I was the child they wanted! I DID EVERYTHING THEY WANTED ME TO DO!" Her sobs grew louder. "I- I wasn't quiet! I-I w-wasn't looking at the clock! I played and made a mess around the house!" Mizuki shouted. "Why don't they love me?!?"
~
A/N~ THERE WILL BE FUTURE DIARY STUFF SOON! THIS IS JUST STUFF ABOUT MIZUKI'S PAST!