Chapter 2: Chris the Momma's Boy

Chris' POV:

My name is Christopher William St. James, although everyone, including my parents, Rachel Berry-St James and Jesse St James, call me Chris.

I've lived in Los Angeles my whole life, but my parents thought we should move to Lima, Ohio for my junior and senior years of high school. I don't know why they took me from the luxurious LA to this... town, er, thing, but they did.

So I'll be attending William McKinley School For The Performing Arts today. I've already been to my first two periods, science and math, and now I'm going to the auditorium, to audition for Glee Club. I don't know why I want to, but I do.

Mom says that she was at this school's Glee Club back in 2012 and Dad was at Carmel High, so I thought hey why not give this Glee thing a try. I see other kids there. There's like 100 different kids there for the 12 spots in this show choir group. 

The director of the school and main director for the New Directions, Mr. Schuester, sits at the theater desk and finally, when it's my turn he perks up and says, "Chris St. James? As in, Rachel Berry's son?" I nod, wondering how he knew my mom's maiden name. 'Oh right! She was a Broadway star a few years back.' I remember. She gave that up when she had me. When Mr. Schuester sees me nod, he turns to the assistant teacher, Sam, I believe, and their eyes widen and they start laughing. 

I didn't know why so I started laughing too.

I finally asked, "Hey, so why are we laughing?" 

Sam replied, "You're Rachel Berry's SON! Rachel was Mr. Shue's best student and the STAR of the New Directions back in the day! Let's see if you've inherited her voice." 

I gulped nervously but didn't let them see my weakness. I started singing the song I had prepared for a bit now. It's 'Somebody to Love' by Queen.

I sang moderately decent and I found a few flaws that my mother would've pointed out if I were rehearsing with her, but when I finished, Mr. Schue and Sam were standing up and clapping.

I thanked them, bowed, and walked off the stage and to the green room.

Just then a girl with beautiful dark hair and in a Cheerios outfit walked in.

Hehehehehehehehe
:) Naomi