•{Chapter One - Calicos Be Salty}•

A dark brown dappled shecat slid out of the Apprentices' den, blinking her golden eyes. It had been eight whole moons since the exhausting night of her birth, and Mousepaw was barely recognisable.

Well, that's a lie.

She was still brown with a dappled pattern across her coat, and she still had golden eyes. She was still small and stocky. And she was still alive, which was good. Very good. Generally.

"Oh my StarClan!" A shrill voice yowled, and the young apprentice looked over to see Mistkit and Plumkit, calico twins. "Give me back that!"
"No way!" Plumkit yowled back, holding a moss ball out of reach. Plumkit, unlike his sister, had brown eyes. The only way you could tell the twins apart were their eyes. Plumkit had big brown eyes, whereas Mistkit had a slightly paler shade, more like amber.
"Give me the ball or I will make sure you never have kits in your life!" Mistkit roared, getting right up in Plumkit's face. Spittle flew from her mouth and she enunciated words at random.
"I can't have kits anyway!" Plumkit yelled back, and then sprinted away to leap off a cliff or something.

"What in the name of StarClan is happening today?" Mousepaw asked herself as she settled down to eat.
"Like, OMS, cannibalism!" Rosepaw, a medicine cat apprentice, squealed as she ran over to Mousepaw.
"Uh, what?" Mousepaw asked around a mouthful of her breakfast.

Do cats even know what breakfast is?

"You're eating mouse." Tornpaw replied. Tornpaw was the most down to earth apprentice that Mousepaw knew, with the exception of-
"Ooh, Sagepaw!" Rosepaw shrieked, and both Mousepaw and Tornpaw winced. "Come sit with us!"
"Rosepaw! Can it and sit down!" Mousepaw hissed, "You'll draw attention to us."

Right then, a fight broke out because the author remembered that this chapter is about the salty calico cats of DayClan, not apprentice rivalries. Conveniently, the fight was between Redbriar, Feathercry and Cypressheart, all calico shecats.
"JUMP IN THE LAKE!" Cypressheart roared, performing a spectacular back kick on Redbriar.
"YOU JUMP IN THE LAKE!" Feathercry shot back.
"Feathercry, get out of there! You'll ruin your beautiful face!" Ashenfoot howled. The skinny grey tom shot forwards to try and pull her out.
"YOU'RE A BEAUTIFUL FACE!" Feathercry screamed back.
"What sort of an insult is that?" Tornpaw exploded with laughter. Mousepaw looked at her exploded friend in dismay.
"****".
"Isn't this fun?" Asked a voice at her ear, and Mousepaw turned to look at Thirdpaw. The calico tom stood about a full head taller than her short self, and had been an apprentice since her own mother was a kit. He hadn't aged at all though. Miracles. Immortality. Wonderful.

"Watching calico cats go nutso?" Mousepaw rolled her eyes. "Why aren't you in there, adding to the entertainment?"
"Eh." Thirdpaw shrugged. "I like to think of myself as more... spontaneous."
"Sureeee." Rosepaw laughed. Thirdpaw flashed a grin. Then he spasmed wildly, went cross-eyed and ran in a wobbly lime towards Redbriar, taking her down on top of Plumkit and Mistlekit.

The author is now bored of trying to make spastic calicos Be amusing, and has decided that in-clan rivalries is a better topic. The author has decided to write about that instead. Good Bye.