In the media

Wealth
In 2007, Forbes rated Aniston as one of the top 20 richest women in entertainment and estimated her net worth to be aboutUS$110 million. Aniston was also included in the annual Star Salary Top 10 of trade magazine The Hollywood Reporterfor 2006. According to Forbes, in October 2007, Aniston was the top-selling celebrity face of the entertainment industry. She was also Hollywood's most profitable actress. Aniston has been on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list, based on "earnings and fame", every year since 2001, topping the list in 2003. For the year of 2008, Forbes listed Aniston's earnings as US$27 million. In 2014, Aniston ranked 3rd on Forbes Top Earning Actresses, earning US$31 million in that year. Her net worth is estimated to be US$150 million as of 2014. In 2015, Aniston ranked 5th on Forbes Top Earning Actresses, earning US$16.5 million in that year. In 2016, Aniston ranked 4th on Forbes Top Earning Actresses, earning US$21 million in that year. She has been on the Forbes Top Earning Actresses since 15 years, every year since 2001.

Public image

In 2005, Aniston became the first-ever GQ Woman of the Year. She has frequently appeared on People's annual list of "Most Beautiful Women", and was number-one in 2004 and recently in 2016. She also topped the magazine's Best Dressed List in 2006. She has been a regular on FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list since 1996, ranking at number 79 in 2012, number 81 in 2010, number 24 in 2009 and number 27 in 2008. In 2011, The Daily Telegraph reported the most sought after body parts of the rich and famous revealed by two Hollywood plastic surgeons who carried out a survey among their patients to build up the picture of what the perfect woman would look like. Under the category of the most sought after body shape, Aniston was voted in the top three, alongside Gisele Bündchenand Penélope Cruz. In the same year, readers of Men's Health magazine voted Aniston the "Sexiest Woman of All Time".

Although Aniston disliked the hairstyle she wore during her first two years on Friends, "The Rachel" became very popular among women. Aniston received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on February 22, 2012. The star is located at 6270 Hollywood Boulevard, in front of The W Hollywood Hotel. It is recognized as STAR 2, 462nd. On Forbes' list of the 100 Most Powerful Actresses in Hollywood, she was ranked number-8 in 2009, number-2 in both 2011 and 2012, and number-3 in 2013.

In July 2016, Jennifer Aniston wrote an essay for The Huffington Post, in reply to recent rumors about her, where she criticized "The objectification and scrutiny we put women through..." and stated that "We are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies....We don’t need to be married or mothers to be complete. We get to determine our own “happily ever after” for ourselves." The essay was supported by many celebrities and thoroughly discussed in the media.