Cure

I looked down at the angel with the pure black wings. There was a shudder sent through my entire body as Nightmare LA's wings reminded me of Melody.

I flapped closer and perched on the branch of a nearby tree that was somehow left standing. I took in Nightmare LA's appearance, looking for anything that we could use to our advantage.

The fallen angel had flowing black hair with a single streak of dark red in the front of her hair. Both her eyes were crimson red, a dress of pure darkness falling in waves around Nightmare LA, who radiated power next to her creator, Ashley.

Ashley's single red eye glared around evilly and her gaze focused on me.

A single bolt of dark energy later, I was lying on the ground, having been struck by a bolt of Ashley's dark magic.

The last thing I saw was a blaze of fiery light fly above me, two angels with white and black wings diving in...

<>

I woke up, as a human, thankfully, on a bed. I sat up straight and shook off my covers frantically. "Where a-" I started to ask, but then realized I was in headquarters.

I dashed out of the room and looked around for signs of life. I saw a figure turn the corner into a room and I followed.

I saw a crowd of people surrounding an area.

I approached cautiously, bracing myself for the worst.

Everyone noticed me and they parted in my path, so that I stood at the front of the line with the other Elements.

Cyanide's bloody body lay on the cold cement ground, her fire long gone, her eyes glassy and staring.

I screamed.

I was about to curl up and start sobbing, before Tiny, the healer stepped in front of me and gripped me tightly.

"Relax, Kitty. There's still one last hope."

She nodded at someone and Scarlett stepped forward, carrying three syringes filled with clear liquid in her hands.

She handed one of the syringes to Tiny, who took it carefully and examined it. "This is what Scarlett and I have been trying to get for the past few days. It is supposedly the ultimate antidote to everything - wounds, diseases."

I looked at the small syringe in Tiny's hands. I took it gingerly and turned it around delicately. "Do you think it will work?" I asked.

"I hope so." Tiny looked at me, her eyes filled with determination and I had to trust her.

Or Cyanide had no hope.

I handed the syringe to Tiny and knelt down beside Cyanide, brushing a speck of dirt off her bright orange amulet.

It had to work.

It had to.

Tiny inserted the tip of the sharp needle into Cyanide's skin and she pushed the plunger.

Drawing out the needle, she put the syringe aside gently and stood back.

I watched in silent horror as Cyanide's body convulsed and I prepared to throw myself at her desperately.

"What have you done? What's happening?" I asked frantically, trying to get past Tiny.

Short, determined Tiny held her ground and I was forced to watch as Cyanide sat up straight and howled in pain.

I watched as Cyanide coughed out what looked like gallons of blood.

I watched as Cyanide screamed and kicked in agony.

Finally, Cyanide stopped and she lay down in a pool of her own blood.

Tiny then stepped to the side and I walked forwards, trembling.

The room was deadly silent as I held Cyanide in my arms. Everyone was willing for her to be alive, for the cure to have worked.

Cyanide's eyes flew opened, found mine and we smiled.