PART EIGHTEEN

As they walked down the street, Soo-Ra couldn't help but notice how they're heading toward Taehyung's school. She didn't feel like questioning him so she stayed quiet while still clutching onto his arm. Her guesses were correct once they stopped in front of the familiar school building, Taehyung leading her to the back door where they secretly went inside the building.

Taehyung wondered why Soo-Ra hadn't asked any questions yet, but he noticed how her features were calm and relaxed. As if she trusted him, and it only makes him guilty.

"What did your brother told you about me?" Taehyung finally broke the silence. He was leaning against some random locker while Soo-Ra stared oddly at him.

"It doesn't really matter, right?" Soo-Ra replied, shifting her feet under the intense stare Taehyung gave her.

"I just want to know what Jinyoung thought of me." at that Soo-Ra crack a smile as if wanting to slip out a joke, but it immediately fell down when she realised how serious Taehyung is.

"He just said that you're bad. That you use violence for every way out, and you disrespect the rules. But I think it doesn't make sense since my brother acted just like you, so I assumed that he just got some grudge against you." Soo-Ra explained, puffing out a breath before she too starts leaning on the locker beside Taehyung.

"Well, you know what? I'm going to prove you that your brother is right." Taehyung said. But before she could even respond he already starts dragging her into the rooftop.

Upon reaching the said place, Taehyung then shrugged his bag off of his shoulder before grabbing something from inside it. "Here." He gruffly mumbled, tossing a spray can toward Soo-Ra.

"Uhh," Soo-Ra trailed off, not fully sure on what to do. "And where should I paint?"

"What?" Taehyung spluttered out, he was caught off guard since he thought Soo-Ra would disagree with his actions and stay away from him, just like how he planned.

"Yeah, sometimes BamBam took me somewhere secret and we'd spray paint as free as we can." Soo-Ra grinned up at him. Taehyung somehow felt all weird inside his stomach before brushing off the feeling.

"Well use that wall since this one is mine." Taehyung muttered, Soo-Ra nodded before heading towards the wall he had told her to.

As Soo-Ra began to spray paint on the wall, Taehyung couldn't keep his eyes off from her. Whenever a girl thought they could change Taehyung, he'd scare them off and he always succeed. But why isn't Soo-Ra leaving? Why is she staying?

"Hey Taehyung, I originally planned to draw a heart but it gets messed up now it looks like I drew a tiny dick." Soo-Ra giggled, "just like you,"

Oblivious, a smile graced Taehyung's features as he slowly stepped towards Soo-Ra. The latter tried to fix her messed up drawing when she noticed a shadow behind her.

They were inches apart, wide eyes glowing under the moonlight as her rose lips parted apart from being speechless.

But an odd sound cut through the silence. And Soo-Ra happens to fart at the right moment.

And so they laughed. Laughing without any care under the dark sky with no stars shining, though it feels like Taehyung and Soo-Ra themselves are the stars.

It was a beautiful night for the both of them, and they sealed it with a kiss.

Sike bitches.

They decided to finish their art works before skipping out of the school building unnoticed.

"Hey Taehyung," Soo-Ra called over, Taehyung glanced at her before she pulled him into a tight embrace.

"Thanks for cheering me up." Soo-Ra's voice came out muffled from being pressed into his hoodie as she snuggled closer into the crook of his neck.

And this time Taehyung is aware of his thumping heart which did not seem to slow down.

๑๑๑

published: Sept 7, 2016
edited: June 5, 2018