Chapter 12- She Could Barely Talk

(AUDRIANA’S POV)

Another three long months had past and I was now six months pregnant. Chris eventually talked me out of getting an abortion, so there was no turning back at that point. My belly was getting bigger and it was getting more tiring to do things I would normally do easily. On top of that, I was gaining a lot of weight, my feet were swelling and it was hard for me to sleep at night. At one point in time I couldn’t even touch my breasts because they were really tender and had two semi-large lumps in them, but I had to deal with it all if I wanted to see my baby.

That morning, I was scheduled to go to a doctors’ appointment, so I put on the few clothes I could still fit and waddled downstairs.

“I’m tired of being pregnant already,” I complained and sat down on the couch.

So many things were going on. Chris had to fly back and forth from California or NY to Atlanta making sure I would rarely be alone while he was trying to work. We were planning on moving to Cali soon, but not until after the baby was born. I could tell he was trying to do his best, but his music career always demanded him to do so many things.

Chris had just come back from New York. He had to record a few videos for the songs on his album.

“Only three more months left,” he said to me.

I lifted up my shirt and felt the baby moving. Chris sat down by me and put both of his hands on my stomach.

“Can you feel it?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” his big hands rubbed my belly, “HE’s moving a lot.”

I smiled, “You mean she is.”

“Well, we’ll find out today if it’s a boy or a girl,” he said.

“I don’t want to know yet. That’s why I didn’t ask last time,” I tried to sit up a little.

“Alright, I guess we’ll just be surprised when he comes,” Chris replied and smiled.

I smiled back.

He pressed his lips to mine and kissed me softly.

“What was that for?” I smiled.

“I don’t know. I just love you.”

I leaned in and kissed him back, “I love you too.”

As if we were magnets, we kissed again, and I couldn’t pull away. His big, soft lips on mine and the fact that he was holding me securely as if he wouldn’t let anything hurt me made me want more. I scooted forward and moved my head in sync with his while his hands explored all over my body.

Suddenly a sharp pain hit me. It felt like someone took two knives and stuck me harshly.

“SHIT!” I yelled and jumped back.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“I have this pain in one of my breasts. They’ve been really tender lately. I’m just not used to it,” I replied, “I think it’s something serious.”

“Well, it’s time to go to the doctor anyway. We’ll just ask her,” he stood up and helped me up.

Chris drove me to the doctor’s office, and he was there with me the whole time as I got the checkup.

“It looks like everything is fine, Mrs. Brooks,” Dr. Sara said, “Do you have any more questions?”

She wrote things down on a clipboard while I explained to her what’s been going on.