02: Problem Solved

02: Problem Solved

The club was absolutely packed when I entered. I could hardly breathe, but it was fine because my dancing was less than decent and I would have an excuse for sitting it out.

As I made my way around, I noticed there were several girls from my grade dancing around. Of course, it was a Friday night. I just figured most people would be after something a little more "age appropriate" to do.

The bar had a few men, most attractive and all with girls hanging off them. This really was the place to find a hookup, I guessed.

I sat down as well and ordered the first thing I saw on the menu, being as unfamiliar with alcohol as I was. The whole concept scared me.

But I was willing to forget about my crappy life for one night and have some fun. I had thirty more dollars; why not blow it on something useless?

When it came, I gave it a wary look. It was dark colored, gold with a brownish tint. "Um, the rum with a shot of cherry," the man said distastefully.

I nodded and downed the small shot quickly. It burned it's way down my throat and I gasped, my eyes widening.

"Never had rum before?" someone asked next to me. I looked over to see a handsome boy sitting to my right, the same exact shot in his hand.

A blush flooded my cheeks and I looked away to hide it. "Not really, no."

He easily drank it and smirked at my baffled expression. "You get used to it. Some people like it, some people don't."

"Noticed," I replied. "You look familiar. I'm assuming you also go to the same school as me, along with all the other people in this club."

"Yep," he said with a grin. "This is an easy one to get into." I nodded as the man refilled the shot glass sitting in front of me. "Here, I'll drink at the same time as you. Cool?"

I nodded and he counted up to three. The liquid burned just as much as the first time and I winced. "Ouch," I rasped.

He laughed and someone called up behind him. "Jones! Who knew you'd be here?" The voice was familiar and my eyes widened as I realized who it was.

Quickly, before he could see my face, I slipped into the crowd and let out a breath of relief. He wasn't someone who should see me at a place like this.

Why do you care what Emmett thinks of you?

I didn't.

Snorting at the thought, I looked around and was met only with sweaty armpits and breath that smelled of alcohol. The place was crazy.

"Louise?" Emmett asked behind me in confusion. "What are you doing here?"

I bit my lip and turned around. "Obviously hunting," I said sarcastically to cover up my annoyance.

"I didn't peg you as the type of girl to show up at clubs on Friday nights," he said slowly.

"Me, either," I shrugged before walking to the bar to escape the sweat. He followed me.

"So how'd you get in?" he asked suspiciously.

"Probably the same way you got in," I said in a "duh" tone. "A fake ID."

"You have one?" he asked. I gave him a flat look and he grinned. "Saw you were talking to my boy Garrett," he said conversationally.

"Is that his name?" I asked with a grin. Emmett laughed and ordered two beers. "Beer?" I asked, wrinkling my nose. His eyes widened.