Under the Lights [Rated M]

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Medyo naging busy sa work + writer's block. But I hope you enjoy this last chapter (don't worry, there will be a book 2!) The flashback was a standalone fic on Titas of Philippine Politics.

After a couple more hours, Pia and Loren left Slice and entered inside Pia's car to take the short drive back to her brother Lino's condo, where she's been staying part time. When they finally arrived, she and Loren held the doorknob at the same time. Pia wondered why Loren suddenly blushed when she found her hand on top of hers. She held it even more tightly before opening the front door.

"Nasaan sina?" Loren asked.

"May late night shoot siya ngayon. Nasa parents niya sina Fille and ung mga bata."

"So that means kayo lang ng kids mo nandito ngayon?"

Pia's voice trailed into the midst. "Yeah."

Wasting no time, Pia grabbed Loren's hand and led her to her bedroom. 

Loren was still dazed and confused of what's going on. "So...what now?"

She looked into the glow of the ceiling lights with a dreamy look in her eyes. "Remember when you gave me my first girl kiss, Loren? Nung nasa plenary tayong dalawa?"

A flashback from 2012 played in Loren's memory. 

---------

Plenary Session Hall, Senate of the Philippines, July 2012

Pia and Loren both arrived much earlier than usual for the Senate session for the day. The chairs have already been arranged in preparation, and no one, not even staff members of various senators, situated themselves in the gallery.

Having known each other since 2007 when Loren returned to the Senate after a three year break from a failed run for the Vice Presidency, the two of them only had each other to lean on to, especially in the previous Congress when it was just them, along with Miriam Santiago, who held the fort of the female contingent of the upper chamber.

They've put blood, sweat, and tears as they fought for their well-deserved places. And in between those times, like today, they shared many heart-to-heart talks during session suspensions, and beyond the workplace.

When Pia was in the throes of filing for annulment, Loren was there to help, having gone through the process before her. When Loren was left to deal with her ailing Nanay Fely a few years ago, Pia regularly checked up on her to see if they're okay, and, unbeknowest to many, sometimes filled in for her when Loren needed to be somewhere else.

By now, they knew each other like the back of their hand, but that didn't stop Pia from shaking in anxiety for what she's going to say to her next. Something she's wanted to tell her for a long time, but only found the opportunity and courage to do so at the present.

"You know, ever since na-finalize na ung annulment namin ng ex-husband ko, I have this nagging thought in my mind that I want to find answers."

Pia bowed her head down, avoiding any sort of eye contact with her. "Medyo nakakahiya sabihin sa iyo ito, but I always wanted to find out how it would be like to experience...my first, uh, you know, what I call a girl kiss."

Loren looked into Pia's eyes as she held on to the thought of what Pia's going to say to her next. "And what's nakakahiya about that? Wala naman masama to be curious about those kinds of things."

"It's not that, eh. It's just that there's someone I already had in mind that I want to be my first girl kiss. I'm just not sure if that person would agree."